Windows/seals/deluxe-trim/tools/methods/Hints & tips........

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluenose

Reaction score
I just did this last weekend. Was pretty easy to be fair. Seals and trim were all from C&C and fit well.

They do sell them for without quarter lights, might have to ring them.

My method was,

put seal on glass

Positioned both delux trims on the glass so that the corners were in the right place as a start point

I pushed the trim in by folding down the outside of the seal to open the slit and pushing the trim in. it's very easy to bend and damage so be carefull.

when you push the trim in the seal lip ends up tucked inside with the trim so you need to get it out. I did this by running a pick down it just like the one on the far right in this pic. I found this tool priceless for doing this job and it only cost £3 for the set from machine mart.

draper-35099-4-piece-mini-hook-and-pick-00064603M.jpg

I found a bit of talc helped get the windows into the van also, they were a tight fit!

yes you build up the glass with seal and trim and then fit in van.

You would never get the trim in to the rubber in a million years if you fitted to the van first. I know because the trim popped out when fitting one of my windows and I could not get it back in for shit so had to remove that window and start again.

I stuck electrical cable in the seal, pushed the window into the appature then started pulling the cable out, I had to really whack the shit out of the glass to get it into the hole. You will need a second person pushing on the glass from the outside while you pull the cable out.

Latest posts