Who want's to see my puppies :D

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

type2tattoo

Reaction score
As you may know I lost my son a year ago, when he was ill I became friends with the lovely lady who owns the dog grooming place under his flat, she lost her Mum about the same time and we talked a lot. She also became friends with my middle son who helps her Dad with his mobility problems and they got on really well, so much so that he was there the day after her dog gave birth to nine little puppies :) At 28 I thought he was past saying 'Mum can we have a puppy! ' but no lol

I agreed he could have one (he has been living back at home for the past 2 years while they save for a mortgage) and then he decided he was moving out.... I started thinking how lonely it would be here after the chaos of him, his Mrs and my grandson and my youngest son and a puppy! (Youngest moved to Brighton a week ago)

So when it was time to pick his pup up he said 'Can you come with me and get photo's of all nine pups together' I went and one of the little darlings came and sat right by me, I said 'aw wish I could take you home, it's going to be so quiet when they all leave' two minutes later Hannah, the lovely dog lady, put him on my lap and said 'he's yours, to help you heal' :character0074: I cried :) He is a beautiful KC registered Irish Red Setter and she could have sold him for over a grand but she gave him to me and restored my faith in beautiful people :)

This is Teasel (another long story) my pup

and this is Indigo my sons :)

What a lovely dog - may you have many happy years with him

You got me, although secretly I knew, I just couldn't resist a little peep. You is a wicked wicked person Lynds.

Ozziedog,,',,,, thanks for the good start to the day :mrgreen:

shameless clickbait! :lol:

anyway here's my two pups...

pups.jpg

Is that a Patterdale?

It looks just like ours from the back

chad said:
Is that a Patterdale?

It looks just like ours from the back

border terrier, we had a patterdale but he like chasing sheep too much so had to give to a city family.

That is indeed a very moving story, so sorry to hear about your son. I hope your new pup(s) do indeed help with the healing process, and as for the lady who gave you Teasel, what a fantastic empathetic soul!

My best mate (Moog the spaniel) found me by accident 2 months after I lost my dad, she was 2 at the time and we've been inseperable for the last 7 years! Having dogs around is by far the best medicine when dealing with loss.

20170621_080526_zpsuec1wyr5.jpg

Aw Love seeing everyone's pups <3 Post more! I am a proper dog lover now :) We are making the Legacy Festival dog friendly too! so bring your bus and pups and come and meet us :) (see links below)

Teasel/ Teapot/pooh pants etc is nearly 9 months old now and is the most wonderful creature :) He has filled a big hole in my life with bouncing and absolute joy of life and it is exactly what I need.

type2tattoo said:
This is Teasel (another long story) my pup

So the long story about why he is called Teasel is ...

My son Lloyd was diagnosed with brain cancer in 2010, towards the end of my 3 year rebuild of CyByl my '71 bay (have a look at my rebuild thread in the gallery)

We understood his prognosis meant he had 5 or 6 years so we made the best of it! We had family days every week, visited places, walked, had barbees in December and just enjoyed being together(his seizures were hard on us all but brought out more Love).
When Jay, my grandson, was with us we always did a treasure hunt, he had to find 5 things, all sorts, like an oak leaf, a stone with a hole in :) but the last thing was always Teasel because that was one of the plants Lloyd knew :) if you found Teasel we could go home :) Sometimes we drove the long way home because we knew there was some teasel by the road that way :)

My Mum, bless her is 82 and always wanted to see the severn bore because her grandad told her about it so we went there in March 16 for her bucket list tour, it was awesome (she said 'very nice' in old lady language) but early one morning I saw a barn owl across the field and wandered off to see if I could see it again, I didn't lol) but on the way back there was some Teasel :) right in front of me on a path no one would take through that field and I never saw any, anywhere else at all on our trip. it meant we could go home :)

So Teasel lifts my soul from the depths of the death of my son every day and the Legacy Festival makes it less of a waste :)

Please forgive my blatant advertising but I would really Love to make the Legacy Festival a VW thing as well as a community event. All the bands are giving themselves for the charity, 100% of the bar profits go to Lloyd's Legacy and the whole events profits go towards helping people with this shitty disease. I would just Love the kind souls with early bays to join us to enjoy life and time together :) x x x

Latest posts