What wheels/tyres should I have??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chukkacarne

Reaction score
Hi, my bus is a 69 LHD originally microbus from the states.

It has had hubs changed i understand to accomodate discs on front, so now have the 14" wheels with holes around the edge and flat chroe centre caps. Think basically late bay wheels and running 185R14 tyres

I fancy going wide 5 which i think would have been original but not sure if adaptors will work with disc brakes and my current setup?

Thanks

chukkacarne said:
Hi, my bus is a 69 LHD originally microbus from the states.

It has had hubs changed i understand to accomodate discs on front, so now have the 14" wheels with holes around the edge and flat chroe centre caps. Think basically late bay wheels and running 185R14 tyres

I fancy going wide 5 which i think would have been original but not sure if adaptors will work with disc brakes and my current setup?

Thanks

Yes, sounds like its had a late wheel conversion, not uncommon.

You could get adaptors or hubs if you specifically want Wide 5 standard style wheels. Other options would be to choose an aftermarket wheel you like in a 5x112 fitment, or retro fit a CSP type conversion up front and standardise the rear.

Personally, Id embrace the upgraded stock brakes and choose a rim I like and fit them.

dont fancy alloys rather steelies and wide 5 is my preference but from what chad is saying maybe do-able?

Latest posts