What MPG you getting?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maddog said:
200 miles and 3 runs on drag strip = £70.......mpg i dont know :lol:

200 and 3/4 then :msn4:

Makes it just under 18 by my reckoning.

3/4 x 3/4ish lol as you have to include the drive back.......18? Hmm.......i had that figure in mind....not bad for a Dormy with a stroked motor :D

creationblue said:
Although my aim was to cruise at 70mph (engine & 'box mods) Im now gonna slow down and gain some much needed mpg's!

Just, I wish I could a) even dream about getting to 70 mph, b) dream of getting 23 mpg! Standard single ( knackered) carb 1600, about 50 mph top speed and 18 ish mpg.

maddog said:
3/4 x 3/4ish lol as you have to include the drive back.......18? Hmm.......i had that figure in mind....not bad for a Dormy with a stroked motor :D

I don't think thats too bad either, bit off topic but what sort of power have you got? I've got a dormy with genuine 120bhp and tempted to take it down the strip this year. I notice that you are in USBs and wondering what my chances would be of an 18 sec 1/4 for a bronze membership??

steamo said:
maddog said:

I don't think thats too bad either, bit off topic but what sort of power have you got? I've got a dormy with genuine 120bhp and tempted to take it down the strip this year. I notice that you are in USBs and wondering what my chances would be of an 18 sec 1/4 for a bronze membership??
120 at the wheels? If so, I don't see you having a problem running a sub18. Might need some practise, loose some weight from bus but should be manageable :)
What size tyres and g/box you running?
Mines approx 200bhp.

100.0 at the wheels on the rollers (transmission losses 20% so roughly 120 at the fly). 185 80 15 rear tyres and a standard 1600 gearbox. Guess I'll need a little more tweaking (as well as the practice) to get there.

Bet yours is awesome, just looked at your time on site, very impressive!! :D

steamo said:
100.0 at the wheels on the rollers (transmission losses 20% so roughly 120 at the fly). 185 80 15 rear tyres and a standard 1600 gearbox. Guess I'll need a little more tweaking (as well as the practice) to get there.

Bet yours is awesome, just looked at your time on site, very impressive!! :D
Best thing is......have a go and see........then tweak if necessary........any queries then do ask :D
Yeah she's fun alright :D

Chris73 said:
creationblue said:
Although my aim was to cruise at 70mph (engine & 'box mods) Im now gonna slow down and gain some much needed mpg's!

Just, I wish I could a) even dream about getting to 70 mph, b) dream of getting 23 mpg! Standard single ( knackered) carb 1600, about 50 mph top speed and 18 ish mpg.

:lol: Where you been hiding mate?

I have not been able to work mine out for ages. Mainly due to the speedo not reading the correct speed. So kind are hard to tell how many miles I am actually doing. Will try working it with a sat nav at some point.
When I was travelling around Europe a few years back with a 1600sp full loaded up with roof rack etc we were getting around 28mpg cruising at around 50-55

I do a Manchester - Lancaster run a lot and it's almost exactly 45 miles each way.
Bus was on reserve and I filled it to half, just arrived back (so 90 miles) and it's back to reserve.

Plus my fuel gauge seems to drop much quicker when it's below half. Normally it only uses a quarter there and back.

creationblue said:
Chris73 said:
creationblue said:

:lol: Where you been hiding mate?

Had a tough 6 months going between Sheffield children's hospital and the RVI in Newcastle with my daughter, but things are looking a bit more promising and we've just bought our camper jam tickets :party0041: bit of work to do on the van before then.......be good to catch up if your going...

Chris73 said:
Had a tough 6 months going between Sheffield children's hospital and the RVI in Newcastle with my daughter, but things are looking a bit more promising and we've just bought our camper jam tickets :party0041: bit of work to do on the van before then.......be good to catch up if your going...

Glad its all working out 8) Yup will be at the 'Jam this year ;)

Having driven american cars and [ real ] Jeeps for years anything over 20 mpg is good in my book :lol:
Im getting about 23 - 25 mpg, standard 1600 twinport.

Standard 1600, fully loaded, plus westy interior and roof etc. Got 20.5 on the bus types trip, that was at about 55-60 all the way (although speedo said 65-70).
I think my milometer reads over though which is worrying as I'm on limited mileage insurance.
Did my calculation using google maps, 8)

Latest posts