What MPG you getting?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creationblue

Reaction score
Did 170miles this weekend and used all the fuel I put in, so just worked out my MPG and got 23. So not to bad considering we got a heavy Westy with heavy gas bottle and LB, 2 adults and 3 kids with loads of gear, with a 1776 & 2.0L 'box. 100miles of that trip was motorway cruising at 60mph.

What do you guys get and what engine you running?

I have got the Road Trip app on my iPhone so can keep a fairly accurate record of my mpg. I am averaging 22 mpg when fully loaded and travelling mainly along A roads.

I do find that measuring based on a single trip/fill is a bit hit and miss to be honest, with the range of measurements being huge, anything from 7 to 70.

I am running standard 1600 TP.

Over 6,000 miles I've averaged 23.5 mpg, I know a bit sad to keep a record like this :oops: I'm running a 1641cc standard apart from the b&P's and single quiet pack, mainly on A & B roads.

I *think* I'm averaging around 24/25 but that's with a completely stripped out interior and doing 55 on the motorway.

I was a bit disappointed to only get 25-26 to the gallon over a 500 mile holiday trip including many twisty & hilly roads in North Wales. That was loaded with 5 people and all their camping gear, and therefore included slowing down more for corners than I'd have normally done. :lol:

I even overtook a couple of (40mph everywhere) cars on single carriageways during that trip, wasn't taking it too gently.

Normally I'd hope for 28MPG.

1600TP, standard except for twin DRLA carbs and a tired (256000 mile + ) throttle linkage under the cab floor which only allows me to get 3/4s of full throttle :roll:

I did a test some time ago on about a 250 mile round trip and keeping it easy at 50 -55 mph got about 30mpg. Running a 1600 HO series singleport engine.
Obiously drops round towns and stop/starts etc.

bigdeano said:
310 miles on a full tank, Less than 15!!, 1600 SP, not loaded up either!!

How much to fill the tank? I have a phobia about putting more than £40 worth in mine :lol:

Although my aim was to cruise at 70mph (engine & 'box mods) Im now gonna slow down and gain some much needed mpg's!

This thread has made me happier about my consumption :msn4: :lol:

Worked mine out last year when I went to the pod, brimmed it, did the run, then brimmed it again

worked it out to 27.5 mpg :D all motorway sat at 60mph (58 the satnav) 1600sp single carb , its a tintop without a heavy interior :D

bigdeano said:
310 miles on a full tank, Less than 15!!, 1600 SP, not loaded up either!!

A full tank is 60 litres, or 13.2 gallons...

That works out at 24MPG, not below 15 :)

Mine does 20-30mpg, going down & back to Dubs at the mill on saturday I used best part of £20 worth, doing just under 90miles got down there in less than an hour on hilly A roads Mrs noticed I was going over 70 on the Ilchester bye-pass :shock: So roughly I was doing about 27 mpg not bad for it's first outing plus a lovely little show. :D

Put just over £60 in, at £1.40 a litre filled it to the brim, made sure i noted the mileage when filling up and noted when i was on fumes ready to fill up again, probably got my maths wrong!!, think i'll invest in a mileage app!!!

On average 20 MPG, running 1600 TP with twin webers. Need to fine tune the carbs and reduce the heavy right foot me thinks!!!

Latest posts