Westy interior removal

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobster

Reaction score
Does anyone know if any guides as to how to remove the Westy interior as I'm wanting to lay a new floor and recover the cushions and it looks as if the rear armrest at the dude if the bed can only be accessed if the actual bed is removed.

Just wondering what order things have to be removed in and where all the fastenings etc are

Done this twice now :shock: once to paint the floor and second to fit new ply panels.

It's not too bad, remove sink unit first. You will have to probably loosen the drain pipes fitting under the bus. Mine has a small metal plate held on with two self tappers. Then undo the vent cover so you can manoevere the vent pipe that goes through the roof. Then there are two hand nuts that go through the driver's seat stand.

Next remove the buddy seat: 4 bolts on the floor.

You will need to remove the table after this, and the table leg holder on the floor so you will be able to slide out the R&R bed.

Then you'll need to take out the R&R bed. There's quite a few bolts with this; about 4 on the floor under the seat, two little ones on the wheel arch and one sneaky one on the wardrobe side right up the top underneath. Then there are four bolts for the hinges on the back deck, behind the seat. It's quite heavy and it's better if you have a helper to remove it from inside the bus. The arm rest is only accessible after removal of the bed.

Next headbanger shelf unit, there are two screws on the left or window side, and a hand bolt on the right.

Then you can take out the wardrobe which will have two fastenings near the small door, and one at the rear. Don't think there's any more.

Enjoy! get a helper!! :mrgreen:

Cheers Mike that's really helpful. Did you take out the bed as one unit or remove the cushions / hinges first ?

Hi Guys,

Glad I found this useful thread. I have a question though.

I have a gas bottle for my Propex heater that needs to go somewhere, the only place I think is feasible is inside the tall locker wardrobe.

It will fit in the space, but will not fit through the door. It doesn't need to come in and out as it is a Gaslow refillable bottle and I have the adaptor extension so that it can be filled from outside the van.

Is there a way to remove the front panel of the wardrobe without following all the steps in the thread above? Or do I have to remove everything in sequence as listed above?

Cheers,

Pete

BayTripper or Rallye dale or anyone else...

When you take out the headbanger shelf, does it sort of drop down or does it slide out towards the front of the van?

I only ask as I glued my speakers to the roof there, and it would be a pain in the bum if it slides out, I would have to break them off again!

Thanks,

Pete

Brackets should be hooked under either side. In theory once the screws are removed you should be able to push them out of the way and drop the locker. Never done it this way though!!

Latest posts