Water leaking into cab

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeoggie

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Quick question, my bay is pooling water in the bottom of the cab doors, so much so its leaking through the door card and onto the cab floor,

this is where the water should be going isn't it from what i've seen online?

think the problem might be the driveway is on a slope and the waters not able to go through the drain holes. my door seals and scraper seals look ok.

I've had the door card off and there's no membrane behind it so i've ordered that, just wondering if there is anything else I could do?

cheers!
Mike

Absolutely need the membrane, so good call ordering that. If the van is mostly on a slope then there is no harm in adding a drain hole where you need it, as long as you do your best to rust proof the area after drilling.

Factory design is to allow water into the door and to drain out via the lower holes.
Ensure the membrane protects the door card, that the holes to drain are clear and maybe wax protect the door innards?

If you're parked facing down the slope the water should drain out of the doors if the drain holes are clear.
But if you're parked facing up the slope the water will sit at the rear corner and rot the door from the inside as there are no drain holes at the rear of the door.

When you fit the membrane make sure the bottom edge is tucked into the bottom of the door, otherwise the water can rot the bottom of the door card.

nice one, that's what I thought. the drain holes are clear its just that its parked uphill, i'll swap it round and get the membrane fitted. thanks for the advice guys!

Latest posts