Trailer pimping

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zcat7

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Crossover
When I knew we had a baby on the way I went on the lookout for a nice period trailer to go on the bus, to carry nappies, toys, playpens etc... I quite fancied a Westy Essen or similar and even though of building something new from scratch but in period style. Eventually I found a "Lama Remorque" on here for very reasonable money. It had been totally sprayed over by a PO to match their bus (including everything rubber, metal and wood...) which wasn't to my taste. Furthermore under the ownership of the guy I bought it from the natural ravages of weather took its toll on the wooden sections and the paint began to split and peel.

So I took a sander to it and did a "light resto" to get me through this summer, focussing mainly on taking the wood panels back to bare and making a hinged lid to keep the weather out (as the old vinyl one was split in a few places). I thought I'd post up the results -

It tows well and you don't really know it's there. In fact that's why I put the little flag on there, to give me a chance when reversing as you cant see the trailer in your mirrors until it's too late to correct the angle, with the lock available on a bus! The baby seem to like the flag too :)

What you guys pulling?

Latest posts