the life and times of Doris the Dormobile!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so such for the encouraging comments guys.I thought the day would never come!!! Looking forward deva next weekend for her first show.

Not been on here for a while, but this is an amazing looking bus with a great history. Reflects your attention to detail and persistance. Congratulations mate!

Have a 69 bay under restoration would like to use the same roll over devices shown in your restoration photos.
Can you help? J Croxall.

I've just read your resto from start to finish, can I just say what an absolutely fantastic job you've done, simply beautiful example of a dormobile. I've just got myself a 72 crossover dormy which is a complete rot box at the moment, you have now inspired me to get cracking on mine. :D well done!!

jcroxall said:
Have a 69 bay under restoration would like to use the same roll over devices shown in your restoration photos.
Can you help? J Croxall.

Hi mate, I do not have any personally,they were just used at the garage for the resto.I suggest a 'wanted' thread...I'm sure they can be hired.
Regards - Rob

Alfie said:
I've just read your resto from start to finish, can I just say what an absolutely fantastic job you've done, simply beautiful example of a dormobile. I've just got myself a 72 crossover dormy which is a complete rot box at the moment, you have now inspired me to get cracking on mine. :D well done!!

Hi, Thanks Alfie!

Get a thread started mate.the encouragement you can get from other comments will spur you on.there were times when I thought It would never be finished,but I just kept chipping away at it and now it seems like so long ago.

Keep the vision in your head bud and you'll get there!

Kind Regards - Rob

did you spray the headlight rims with chrome paint or get them re chromed? - the van looks fantastic!!

Hi, Thanks Alfie!

Get a thread started mate.the encouragement you can get from other comments will spur you on.there were times when I thought It would never be finished,but I just kept chipping away at it and now it seems like so long ago.

Keep the vision in your head bud and you'll get there!

Kind Regards - Rob
Hi not sure if you are still an active member on here but can confirm as of a few weeks ago I’m the new owner of Doris

Latest posts