• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Teardrop Trailer, Template etc.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Webbaldo

Reaction score
Sold my teardrop a couple of year ago but still getting the odd few requests for the template and plan CD I used to do.

s-l1600ww_zpsg3cbejjy.jpg

Not intending to sell loads but would like to make a few quid to finish off the little MOT jobs on the bus.

*Insert sales pitch :D

OK, a lot of teardrops on ebay I've seen look well made but most look like they've closed their eyes when they've drawn the side profile. And it spoils the trailer.

I'm selling the following

8x4 Template to draw round, with door cutout and rib template for the rear door (Taken from proper USA 1940's trailer)
Instructions on using template
CD containing the following

-Detailed build pics of every section of my teardrop (hinges, joins etc)
-Build photos of the whole build
-Axle AND chassis plans - Use if you wish
-Detailed summary document of where I got literally everything, from screws up to axle. - This is the big seller, I wasted about £300 building mine on wrong parts, misjudged stuff etc. I've removed that for you!
-Tons of additional detailed PDF build guides, images etc. (This is the generic bit)

Post Free - £8 to EB members, PayPal accepted. With postage/petrol/envelopes/paper/cd's I'm not making much, more of a service lol.

Most of the CD plans on ebay are either generic stuff robbed off google, or plans pinched off TNTTT forum in the USA, MINE is MY BUILD!

If your paranoid I'm a con merchant lol I have sold a few on ebay as my id porkandleeksausages so feel free to check feedback.

Whilst this isn't a blow-by-blow set of plans, I think every teardrop is a little different so take and pick what ideas you want. I've tried to take all the head scratching parts out of it for you.

You can make one for as little as £500 upto £1500 minus the man hours. Mine was about £750 but I made the chassis myself. My second chassis I've never used yet was £120 from a local metal company.

MORE TD Pics here (Of mine)

s-l1600_zps1ktknaly.jpg

s-l16w00_zpsmwqafi7d.jpg

s-l1600wwwe_zpslnibbfir.jpg

eee_zps6t3x11e3.jpg

ee_zps15xx27va.jpg

TD10000144_zpsujbfo5rp.jpg

TD10000018_zpsxfoe7c9l.jpg

Boring technical bit

Weight - Roughly 300kg, towed mine to IOW and back (700miles) with a 1.2 fiat500 with no issues
Its balanced correctly to make sure the nose weight is light, yet safe
It's insulated roof and floor (more than enough for size)
Fully wired with electrics, leisure battery and tow lights.

If people are worried about trailer IVA info, there are ways around this (wont mention in public lol)

Latest posts