Spring Valley Bus meets Corvair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a shifty under bus tonight and discovered I was missing a lower engine/gearbox nut and the other one was very loose! So fitted a new one and tightened up the other.

I was gifted a billet gearshift coupling so fitted it whilst I was under there.

No more judder in reverse and hopefully that’s the issue with jumping out of 4th sorted.

Didn’t get chance to go for a drive but if the coupling is noisy I’ll swap things back. Nice and positive shifting tho

IMG-2296.jpg

So I have a few essential gauges on the dash, just a tacho, Oil pressure and Battery Voltage. I put the tacho around the steering column and the other two hang under the dash. Unfortunately non of them are easy to view as they hide behind the steering wheel!

I spotted that someone has a 3 gauge holder mounted on top the dash using the holes from the dash-top speaker to presumably mount it without actually drilling anything (which is why I haven’t taken out the og radio and cut that to mount the gauges)

So holder was delivered and I set about rewiring….

IMG-2358.jpg

So far so good before I ran out of light

So I have a few essential gauges on the dash, just a tacho, Oil pressure and Battery Voltage. I put the tacho around the steering column and the other two hang under the dash. Unfortunately non of them are easy to view as they hide behind the steering wheel!

I spotted that someone has a 3 gauge holder mounted on top the dash using the holes from the dash-top speaker to presumably mount it without actually drilling anything (which is why I haven’t taken out the og radio and cut that to mount the gauges)

So holder was delivered and I set about rewiring….

IMG-2358.jpg

So far so good before I ran out of light
That can’t possibly ever work Justin now can it

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,far too neat I’m thinking. :unsure:

That will deffo improve their visibility. It’s a bit of a tough one about where is best to have the gauges. I like to have my phone/satnav in the centre. Also when it’s really hot (usually France) I have a double 12V fan unit that sits there also.

That will deffo improve their visibility. It’s a bit of a tough one about where is best to have the gauges. I like to have my phone/satnav in the centre. Also when it’s really hot (usually France) I have a double 12V fan unit that sits there also.
I had a dash fan too a few years ago, also a f-off big tacho back in the day. Those holes are dead handy!

One more camping trip before calling it a day for the season. Bus been very reliable now I’ve sorted the alternator and charging side of things. Noticed an oil leak again, coming from either the RMS or the gearbox seal. My money is the gearbox as that’s where it was leaking from last time when I changed the damaged pilot bush, I didn’t have a seal to hand at the time or would have changed it at the same time, but I’m not touching it for a while so it can stay like it.
Need to change the front wheel bearings and I have a new bevel box for the Red9 to fit in coming weeks.
Also going to soften up the damping at the front but that’s not going to cost anything other that time and effort

IMG-2838.jpg

Who said it’ll never work lol?

IMG-2363.jpg

Cut up a piece of type4 engine seal foam to make a seal as the dash is curved and left a gap. Apart from hating the silver tacho bezel it’s another job done.
1697047552874.png
1697048270571.png

I used the centre holes for the speaker to attach my 2 gauge holder. Put it in in June 2021. Think it looks okay.
Clock has worked itself a little loose but then who isn't.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: The temp gauge is from a Rolls Royce, the poshest thing about Boris.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yours looks great, easy on the eye.

J & P
:D:D:D

Latest posts