Spot the difference

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrApollo

Reaction score
More questions from the new guy I'm afraid...

There have been some modifications to this engine, from a 1972 early bay, but the owner doesn't really know what they are. Would I be right to say that it now has electronic ignition and an electric fuel pump, also that the carb and air filter is non-stock. Anything else obviously changed from original spec? What is the advantage, if any, of the changes that have been made?

JypZ48y.jpg

Many thanks, I've still got lots to learn.

Hi there, yes the standard mechanical fuel pump has been replaced the pump is sitting on the air filter stand, the stock filter has been replaced (see attached) the original filter acted as a rebreather for the oil inlet as well as giving full air flow to the carb, unless your using twin carbs then a standard mechanical fuel pump in normally the best.

If you want to keep the electrical pump make sure you have a safety relay shutoff
3deb2c507a1d65d9a717e0bf8750abac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You've also got the wrong distributor and are missing the tinware over the exhaust pipes- that's a big one, get that put back on pretty sharpish I would.

Latest posts