Speakers sub and amps?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lembo

Reaction score
Right im a complete numpty when it comes to this kind of stuff so id like a little help.My bay has a old blaupunkt headunit fitted and id like to run a sub and a amp but it doesnt have any outputs on the back of it,just speaker cables a aerial and a 6dn plug that im running my ipod through,Is it possible to have the amp etc or will i have to upgrade the headunit?Id prefer not to to be honest

get am amp that will take high level inputs, then you can connect your speaker output from the head unit to it

dna said:
get am amp that will take high level inputs, then you can connect your speaker output from the head unit to it

This is the way to go if you want to run off the head unit. I would, however, be tempted to run a new headunit out of the glovebox as they are cheaper than an amp and pretty loud these days so you could avoid a sub etc.

depends what your into. If you want break the glass levels of bass then you will need a big amp or amps to drive it, and its a nightmare trying to get the system balanced, I see my lads mates playing with this, they spend more time looking at the twinkly lights than listening, and get a new system every 18 months it seams. If you just want drown everything else loud but in balance faux is right, a modern 4 channel head unit and a decent speaker in each corner.

Hi,

I have left my standard head unit in the dash.

I use a touch screen arcos/ipod - headphone 3.5 line out to twin rca straight into an amp. Can fully control the music and sound levels from the dock on the dash.

35mmtorca.jpg

The voltage does not matter as long as you have a good quality amp. It works fine but could be enhanced with a line conditioner.

Could get more technical if you require, just get in touch. I am an audiophile at heart so am more than happy to rattle on about how to achieve the highest quality possible..

Hope this helps

Thanks for the replies guys..Im just after something abit louder than whats in there now i dont want to break glass or rattle my number plates off!! just something i can listen to when im sat outside the van.Systemworks im really interested in your setup can you tell me a little more cost and where i can get the bits etc? or pm if you like 8)

SystemsWorks said:
Hi,

I have left my standard head unit in the dash.

I use a touch screen arcos/ipod - headphone 3.5 line out to twin rca straight into an amp. Can fully control the music and sound levels from the dock on the dash.

35mmtorca.jpg

The voltage does not matter as long as you have a good quality amp. It works fine but could be enhanced with a line conditioner.

Could get more technical if you require, just get in touch. I am an audiophile at heart so am more than happy to rattle on about how to achieve the highest quality possible..

Hope this helps

Right ive got hold of this lot i think this is pretty much what i need.As i said before im a total noob when it comes to this stuff so any pointers to the fitting and wiring would be great ;)
http://flic.kr/p/8sdcQj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://flic.kr/p/8sajnP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts