Recommendations for engine builders or suppliers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnyvolks73

Reaction score
Hi ,

Unfortunately it looks like I have a crack in the case leaking oil into the fan housing and covering everything in oil. Engine has been out and main oil seal , oil cooler and seals ect replaced, however the leak persists. next step is to bench test it to confirm,. However I'm wanting to replace the 1600 for a nice new 1776 anyway at some point, so might as well do it now.

I was wondering what supplier or builder of engines you guys recommend ?

Cheers

John

Not sure where you are John, but I can recommend The Farnborough VW Center (Ask for Andy) and E's Autos (ask for Ian) for a rebuilt engine.

A proper rebuilt engine will cost more than an online supplied engine from one of the main parts suppliers, and there are very good reasons for it.

Farnborough Volkswagen Centre​

10 Farnborough Road, Farnborough GU14 6AY · ~13.5 mi
01252 521152

www.esautos.co.uk

E's Autos

E's Autos, Unit 11 Bullhousen Farm, Shaftesbury Road, Bisley Green, Woking GU24 9EW · ~7.7 mi
07879 425677

X2 for Hector Howe. He’s a close friend of mine and an outstanding engine builder, message me if you want his number

Hi ,

Unfortunately it looks like I have a crack in the case leaking oil into the fan housing and covering everything in oil. Engine has been out and main oil seal , oil cooler and seals ect replaced, however the leak persists. next step is to bench test it to confirm,. However I'm wanting to replace the 1600 for a nice new 1776 anyway at some point, so might as well do it now.

I was wondering what supplier or builder of engines you guys recommend ?

Cheers

John
+1 for Abel Afonso

Latest posts