Rear bumper

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scuba bug

Reaction score
I thought I was sure but now I'm not!

I always thought that a rear bumper for a 70 bay (us import) had diamond cut ends not slash cut. Some jockey at dubfreeze was trying to tell me they were slash, who's right?

Thanks in advance!

They do a repro one that is slash, which is based on a split but fits... I have one as do a few others.

OG genuine ones are as you say diamond more rounded.

OG one:

8)

Mine....

Will get round to getting one at some point!

That's what I reckon. I've got a diamond bumper that's bent and dented and was looking for a straight one. A trader at dubfreeze in the auto jumble had one that was only slightly better than mine and wanted £325!!

I have a slash-cut off a split and like the way it follows the lines of the rear arch, the actual original doesn't and looks less "deliberate" to me.
Wanting £325 for a buckled bumper just about sums up the clowns that are knocking around the shows nowadays, what a dreamer....

I bought a split slash rear bumper by accident (didn't realise they were different at the time)

TBH I think it looks better, you just have to cut off the old brackets on the bumper and drill for the early bay mounts.

Scuba bug said:
That's what I reckon. I've got a diamond bumper that's bent and dented and was looking for a straight one. A trader at dubfreeze in the auto jumble had one that was only slightly better than mine and wanted £325!!

I think I asked about the same bumper. Had to ask him to repeat himself as thought I may have misheard him................... I hadn't :shock:

Latest posts