Pitman arm removal

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshy

Reaction score
Today tried to remove the pitman arm to send my steering box for overhaul, however the puller (a 3 leg one) wouldn't get a good 'grab' kept slipping, I'm assuming the 3 leg puller isn't right and hoping someone can point me in the right direction for the proper tool for the job.

Cheers

i have the same problem i have used big ass two leg pullers with heat applied even left it under tension, also borrowed a tool for the job off ozziedog..................and the feckin thing still won't come off. next point of call call is mister angle grinder and a new bloody arm :x

If you take the angle grinder to it be careful not to damage the splines, it sounds an obvious one but is very easy to do due to the angles etc.

Borrowed a 2 leg puller from guy at work, looks like something from tron, will give it a go tomorrow :)

I've not tried to remove the pitman arm from my steering box.. But have you tried giving it a clout whilst under tension from the puller?

Sent from my C55 using Tapatalk

33mm pitman arm puller from eBay, cost about 8 quid plus post, got it off in 5 mins

Latest posts