panel van people....truck mirrors ...... and Internal paint

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lethal

Reaction score
has anyone got those huge truck mirrors on their van?
specifically panel vans? ive never been a fan. but a chat with my pops got me thinking tonight.
driving a left hand panel isnt the easiest lol.
any pics?

secondly, inside the rear of my van is that old grey paint. have you painted yours orp
worked around it?
if you painted it, did you rattle can it? where did you get the rattle cans from with the correct colour.

much appreciated

Lee

Sadly i dont. Been considering them on my panel, i would imagine they make visability better. Cant be any worse :roll: :lol:

Havent' driven my panel on the wrong side of the road yet :p so will see how the og mirrors will do.

I have a westy window in the slider, so should help a little. It's not like I'll be passing anybody :roll: so mighout be ok.

Are trucks passing you guys lots on the motorway?

Do panels have less powerful engines than westys?
noticed that mine isnt 50bhp from factory...

ooh your m-code looks like you had a special order paint, what's it look like?
mine states it has chrome trim, havent' seen any though...

I did contemplate the truck mirrors but don't like the repro ones made of tinfoil ! Yes they would help a bit but would also take the fun out of slip roads !! :msn4:

Inside i have panelled mine out so paints not an issue , but i got some made up from paint code at Halfords when i painted my inner arches !

I think your Sig quote says it all Grazy lol, yeah I think the old versions of truck mirrors are hard to come by, if i were to take the plunge and buy the repros, id have to 'age' them straight away lol.

my offside mirror is positioned in a way at the minute that I see the centre line of the road, its not good for much else :msn4:

70-cA No idea about the special paint dude, mine has a few different reds on it at the minute :p
I notice my engine is fairly slow but then my old bus was a 2007cc 130bhp split screen :-o , BUT i love the slowness , and yeah when I do get on the motorway trucks go by me, it suits me :-D , I set up my phone with a gps speedo app, my speedo in the van says 70 - my speedo on the app reads 55 :p

just remember with it being a panel van - technically you are speed restricted on certain roads.

thanks for your input guys

Lee your panel looks nice as it is. I'm with Grazy on the truck mirrors. Fresh chrome repros will stick out like dogs balls on either of your panels.

Blind spot mirror helped me when I had a LCD panel in the UK. I also wore my seat belt loose enough so I could lean over and look through the passenger window. :mrgreen:

mine(not a panel van) has truck mirrors and the PO put some of those blind spot thing on the bottom corner.

I didnt think i would like them when i first got the van, but now i love them. Been asked if they were "for sale" soooo many times. :lol: :lol:

P1080010.jpg

P1080011.jpg

MEMO0005.jpg

thanks for sharing- they are like marmite, ....I like marmite

ive got so many other things i need to do atm, but as was said earlier, those slip roads are fun to negotiate with the standard mirrors lol

What about these Lee , Bigger than stock but not massive like truck ones , In UK too 8)

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1427255" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ha bloody ha PETER!!!!!!

There off for a polish. I will get up to VoWo but just for the day I think.

Grazy said:
What about these Lee , Bigger than stock but not massive like truck ones , In UK too 8)

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1427255" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks dude, they're not jumping out at me. The reason I liked the truck mirrors is the 'commercial' element. I think Im going to end up sticking with what ive got for now, but I appreciate you posting the link up.

signwriting is definitely next.My old man has some 14" wide 5 steelies which I have been given for free aswell for consideration.

just waiting on the decision to board the van or to paint the rear internal first :-/ so many van related ideas lately....its a bad habit.

Board it mate as you can add insulation thus will be warmer and quieter , believe me i know

Yeah the mirrors dont look as nice as Truck ones

canterburyfour said:
557935_494806093909072_475865427_n.jpg

I have them on my camper. They are very cheap to buy in the States. I thing I paid 32 pounds for the pair.

very nice dude, its still a consideration. After the van has gone in for signwriting this week :shock:

Latest posts