Oil coming up through dipstick at high revs

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tofufi said:
iknowdavehouse said:
And yes the pedestal has been replaced 🙂

The pedestal is different between alternator and dynamo, so your mechanic was probably right to change it. However, I'd go back and ask if they still have the original filler.

In future, think twice about throwing away original parts - in general they're better quality and function better than much of the shiny tat you can buy these days :)
That is great advice, you almost never go wrong with the original parts ;)
Abel

This is very interesting as I have always used the plastic fitting to the filter, and have never thought about it not being wide enough for venting the engine case. One garage I took Monty to even blocked off the breather pipe with a bolt in the end of a short rubber pipe on the oil filler! :roll:
I will investigate further. I have seen one youtube vid 'University Motors Ltd.' with a guy called John talking about the same issue on an MG car fitted with a Weber type carb and I can see the reasoning about the narrow elbow causing resistance to the airflow but I hadn't believed the airflow to be that much that it would make such a difference. :shock: :)

Latest posts