Newbie Observations...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tommy2bob said:
As a fellow newbie i really enjoyed this post, particuarly liked the observation about the headlamp buttons, good to know its not just me only realise that one of them is for the interior light, on discovering this i realised why they were not working (but not before buying a new bulb/tube)
My blog is here : http://barbarathevwbus.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm still working on the switches! Thanks for kind words on the blog as well, will have a trawl through yours

Am in a field atm with Tillie and the Toerag again so internet bit iffy!

Read this thread before the van was on the road and thought it funny; after six weeks on the road I now recognise it as hilarious. :lol: :lol: And very familiar...

I have read some of these before but they make me chuckle everytime and there are always new ones as well that make me make weird choking / giggling noises much to she who must be obeyed`s annoyance :lol: :lol: :lol: When I read a new one I keep thinking,,, "I wish I`d wrote that" because they are so true. Ones that I can also add is the elation felt at the top of Telegraph Hill and the stopping as soon as you can find a layby to let him cool off,,,,,,, just in case the oil boiled or something :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Great thread :lol: ;) :lol:

valbarley said:
Having got my first ever (first time I have even been in one) bus 2 weeks ago, would just like to make the following observations...

• I now have muscles in my arms from steering I didn't know existed
    I am getting very adept at doing 3 point turns on mini islands
    Brakes are highly overrated, I'm sure it will stop eventually
    I have to drive it like a bike, accelerate like bllx down the hill to try and get up the other side
    Global warming does not exist in the inside of my van. I can now see why drivers gloves were popular in the 60s. And scarfs and hats and sheepskin jackets.
    The engine is at the back so I can't hear what is going on
    There was no rain in the 60's or my wipers are on a go slow
    The windscreen wash is purely for entertainment value. Whilst sitting in traffic I can play 'Will the water squirt reach the wiper blade?'
    My van is like the crystal Maze, I have a different key for every panel
    I need to diet. If I put any weight on, or my legs get any longer I will not fit in the driver seat
    Radio looks lovely and retro. Only problem is I have to sing to the bus, as it doesn't actually produce any noise
    The headlights work off one of the 3 buttons with identical pictures on. I am veering towards the middle button atm
    I always have my phone on fully charge and AA on speed dial now
    I am booking her into PA (Petrol Anonymous) as she appears to have a huge drinking habit
    People hang out their cars and make strange signs at me. At first I thought it was abuse, but it appears I have joined some funny club like the Masons and need to learn the funny handshakes
    Is the best feeling in the world going past (the other direction obviously) another bus. I actually got bottled up when he flashed his headlights. If I ever learn where the full beam is I will reciprocate, rather than do mad waving signs
    They are wicked, and love it!

Great post mate.... I've only had my Early bay for just over a week and you hit the nail on the head with everything!
Loving every minute if it!

How about...you have to be ready to make last minute swerving maneuvers to avoid dopey people jumping out in front of you to take photos!!! Come on people...I don't have ABS! :lol:

sparkywig said:
Humphrey said:
How about...you have to be ready to make last minute swerving maneuvers to avoid dopey people jumping out in front of you to take photos!!! Come on people...I don't have ABS! :lol:

You need to fit Futbus disc brakes. :D ;)

haha....on my to do list!

liking this thread :p

i will add two to the list,

you get all nervous when a weeks gone past and you havent posted on here a "how do you do this" thread....

Also when you have forgotten that youre bus is LHD, not an automatic, youre coming to a junction thats 25 yards away and another bus is coming the other way - :shock: wave, stop, change gear and panic all in one go :p

a back from hols potts :p

Couple of extra's I noticed at the weekend....

I always say 'thank you' to my bus at the end of the journey... :oops:

The rest of the traffic on the road changes into lemmings when they see me. They all squeal out in front of me quick when they realise they might end up behind me... :?

I get really angry if another campervan doesnt acknowledge me! :evil:

Here's a question after our first camping trip this week:

How many times, on average, do you wack your head on the top locker before you finally learn?

Latest posts