New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there to you three,, A mahoooosive welcome to you all and the funny thing is you are all from somewhere starting with C, We got two California`s and a Cornwall, :mrgreen: . The first one sounds a bit different and would be nice to see some pics of this, the second one sounds like an epic find and the third one is one of those that`s getting a bit thin on the ground as are most busses that have weathered a load of UK winters. For the pictures, there are how too`s all over the place but in a nutshell you need to get them onto a host like Photobucket and copy them from there, and then they`ll appear ;) So get some piccys up and let us peruse these new beasties.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, And Enjoy!!! :p :mrgreen: :p

Hi all,

we've been members on other forums since last year, but just been hovering reading peoples post etc util now, we're not particularly technical so don't really have much to offer in the way of answers etc, but we are always in awe of people that do know! we're planning on putting a few things up for sale that might interest across the VW spectrum, so thought it good manners to let everyone know who we are.

we are Paul and Emma, we own Bogie a 1981 1600 Aircooled T25, but class ourselves as owners of a VW Camper, camper waves are just as welcome from any campervan!

anyhoo, i look forward to speaking, meeting up etc, check out my stuff

monkeyboysee said:
Hi all,

we've been members on other forums since last year, but just been hovering reading peoples post etc util now, we're not particularly technical so don't really have much to offer in the way of answers etc, but we are always in awe of people that do know! we're planning on putting a few things up for sale that might interest across the VW spectrum, so thought it good manners to let everyone know who we are.

we are Paul and Emma, we own Bogie a 1981 1600 Aircooled T25, but class ourselves as owners of a VW Camper, camper waves are just as welcome from any campervan!

anyhoo, i look forward to speaking, meeting up etc, check out my stuff

You`ll always get a wave from me and the other peeps on here. There are two 25s in the family as well as an assortment of 4s and 5s and it would seem the 4s and 5s don`t get as many waves from the public as us aircoolies so they gets a bit jealous. So welcome and don`t be afraid to pop up your opinion as sometimes that`s all that is required. I`ll put up something in general a bit later on about interiors so do not be shy about piping up because I`ll not like what every one else has so would like mine to be a little different :roll: So pop up a piccy of Mr Bogie and yourselves as well if you like and be assured that you are extremely welcome :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, :mrgreen:

Hi and thanks for the add to the forum.

At present, haven't taken delivery of the bay but hope to do so in the next couple of month's currently having a transplant - scooby lump out VW in.

As and when it lands it will be an ongoing project with many questions and hopefully many pics on the progress.

Based in Whittlesey, Peterborough and very new to the whole camper scene.

Hi, recent new early bay owner. I bought a 1969 Westy off faux. It's currently in storage as I need to sell my Karmann Ghia to make room for it at home. Feels odd, brought it back and it's gone straight in storage. Really looking forward to getting it home and playing with it.

Cheers

jay dee 101 said:
Hi, recent new early bay owner. I bought a 1969 Westy off faux. It's currently in storage as I need to sell my Karmann Ghia to make room for it at home. Feels odd, brought it back and it's gone straight in storage. Really looking forward to getting it home and playing with it.

Cheers

Welcome Jay Dee 101 - why not post up a few pictures of the KG - I don't think anyone's gonna complain about a couple of non bus pictures, and I for one like looking at KG's almost as much as looking at buses !!!

Hello, I'm Collin just wanted to say hi. I have got a lowered 71 which I have been working on restoring for the past few years and my dad has a 914. I have a thread on the samba (http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=513427&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=4e530f8a1e4ef7b5fe7df9fbde6a1dbb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) but wanted to make an account on here because everyone seems a little more laid back, especially about dropping busses haha.

Also I'm from Kansas and it doesn't seem like very many guys on here are from the US. Maybe I'm wrong but that is just how it seems.

Thanks! Looking forward to spending some more time on EarlyBay :D

Hey collinvw32 welcome !!!!
Just read your thread on samba!!!!
Gives us hope that our busses will live on when even we are gone!!!!

Welcome and enjoy da bus!!!!

J & P
:D :D :D

Hello folks

been reading this excellent forum for ages so thought i should say hi!

Got a Neptune Blue 68, hope to see you soon!

Jim

Hi All,

I'm Hendrik and live in Johannesburg, South Africa. I bought a drivable project bus earlier this month. It is a 71 panel van that has been abused a fair bit and been standing for 6 or 7 years.
Somewhere along its life, the solid panels were removed and flat glass was installed to make it less "panel van". It had also been in an accident, so there is some panel replacement that will be happening in the future. It's a pity because there is no real rust on the van - only surface rust...
As I have two young kids (and the bus has already been "altered"), the plan is to eventually weld in window frames and make it a "proper kombi". for now I am replacing the sliding door and installing a window behind the driver side of the van.

The link below is to Aircooled vw South Africa where I will be posting more detailed pics as the project goes on: http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30064" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. (I will figure out how to upload pics to Earlybay.com a bit later...)

cheers
Hendrik

Hey there Hendrik,, welcome along to the forum. That`s exactly how my bus was and exactly what I did. If it had been all panel, I`d have left it but someone had already cut windows in it years ago. There are a zillion spotwelds involved in doing that little job and you have to split the windows in half into inner and outer in order to refit, the panel vans just have the outer with a slightly different profile. This is also a great chance to sort out some seat belt mounts. When you are ready to start, let me know and I`ll post some pics of how to do it for you. Or some peeps like to put them back to panel vans, but that`s the beauty of it ,, your bus and your rules :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Some pics would be nice,, there`s a `How To ' at the top of most pages :mrgreen:

Latest posts