NellyBus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just read through the whole thread when I was supposed to be working.. :)
Awsome bit of work, I do like seeing a bit of fab work thats a bit different!
Cheers
Kev

It was a good night on sat and good to meet you Graham plus a couple more eb'rs,
The buses gearbox has shit itself again and needs a new 2nd dog gear :-( so box is
coming out this w/end to get sorted a bit rapid, once thats done a low 13 should be on the cards.

only just seen this thread!!! have to say this is one hell of a bus..... and as fast as you can imagine!!! i couldnt keep up with it in 130 bhp tdi!!!

shot it last weekend for volksworld...submitted the pics yesterday so should be appearing in print very soon!!!

hope i have done it justice!!!!

jp :mrgreen:

Jon if spending 8hrs taking pics didn't make it look good nothing will ;)
Thanks for all your effort on the photo shoot and was good to meet you, thats 4 eb'ers in a year :shock:

Ok'ish :?
The launch control now works but needs fine tunning which I need to do at strip :shock:
The anti lag wont work :?:
The second map is at mo same as 1st cause anything over 1.35 bar of boost caused massive
Det and I dont want to kill another motor, so to cure this I need to get some methanol and
have it mapped for that insted. :|

Managed to get away in bus for a couple of days before the rain at w/end :)
First time me and the mrs have been away in bus together was nice to use it for what it was intended ;)
024-1.jpg

023-1.jpg

The scenery in cheddar was stunning, cheese and cider were good too.

Nelly said:
This is where the rad will live, ducted from the front and when i've made the belly plate it will seal the rad in so any air will be forced through the rad.
28122009046.jpg

28122009048.jpg

28122009049.jpg
Nelly.is the rad ducting working well? I'm fighting a battle with the porsche motor, so might go water cooled! from what I can see you have the ducting blowing over the rad and down then out, is that correct?

Nafe the misses was well happy to get away at last and that is my little ginger piglet (staffy) in the pic :)
Uber the rad works great especialy as i'm running a tubo motor, but it is boxed in more than in this pic and yes this is the best way to flow the air through the rad so the hot air gets forced out into the moving air under the bus. Check out vwkd for more info on cooling ;)

go for it uber ;) take a step over to the dark side. i nearly went down the alfa route but settled for diesel instead for economy. :D

Nelly said:
Uber the rad works great especialy as i'm running a tubo motor, but it is boxed in more than in this pic and yes this is the best way to flow the air through the rad so the hot air gets forced out into the moving air under the bus. Check out vwkd for more info on cooling ;)
must admit I have been looking re cooling on the vwkd, but think most seem to have the air flow the other way round, then struggle to dissipate the heat, your method seem to make more sense!

andewilson said:
go for it uber ;) take a step over to the dark side. i nearly went down the alfa route but settled for diesel instead for economy. :D
Very tempted I have the engine, but it just looks shite next to the Porsche engine. The Porsche engine looks fast not moving and sounds ace. 8) even with a knocking big end :lol:

must admit I have been looking re cooling on the vwkd, but think most seem to have the air flow the other way round, then struggle to dissipate the heat, your method seem to make more sense!

hi uber. there is a guy on there called 13 window delux. he has a green ratty split that got into camper and bus with a diesel engine in. his cooling goes down the same route as mine and nellys, forcing the air in the top then firing it through the rads down. though his and mine use a seperate box between the chassis rails. where nellys differs is his bus actually uses the chassis rails themselves as the pressure box. and god do i wish i had done the same. it allows the rads to be well up out of the way. also it has its chassis rails boxed in which aids to the stiffness of the bus too. :D

One of the reasons for Andys bus taking so long is i keep having to mod stuff on mine,
Another bit i noticed the other day whilst adjusting gear linkage, first noticed a split in cross member then once i'd got it off
realised that the torque from engine had twisted it to buggery so had to remake it add group n sti engine mounts and a torque damper to stop engine twisting :shock:
810.jpg

Mk2
818.jpg

Probably be the cv's that suffer next so i've ordered 4 to take to action with me just in case ;)

Latest posts