MyVanWay California Westfalia tintop....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myvanway

Reaction score
Hi all at Earlybay.com.

Spent ages searching the W.W.W. for the perfect Bus for me and my family before I Found 'Our Bus' on Ebay of all places, after not hitting reserve I contacted the seller and agreed to go down to Pill in Bristol to see a beautiful 1070 White Westfalia Campmobile that was named 'Myvanway'.
Imported from U.S in 2008 it came with nealy all of her extras and with alot of history and recipes!! :D
as soon as i got to Bristol I noticed that I was in a large Volkswagon community with almost everyone have some sort of classic VDub on there drive!!

Hope you like the pics of our van 'Myvanway' :D

Original Number plate from U.S.A. Hammock & stool too!! :D Original mozzy net!!?? Maybe!! even found a flare in the breakdown recovery kit as well as full too kit & jack. :D
Note how the DVLA have kept some of the digits on her UK Plates!! And she had an OG V.W.O.A roofrack.....yippie!! :D

IMG_4761.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_4775.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_4767.jpg

IMG_4777-1.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

Some parts of the interior were very well worn but her she has been used daily since 1969!! ;)
I only replaced the parts of the interior that I knew were going to get hammered, I have kept it all in air tight bags in the garage,
including the original vinyl flooring. :D
We replaced one part of the seat with new foam purchased from a caravan interior company, to exact dimensions of original.
Some would say leave it alone but this is also an investment..... Yer!!

IMG_4775.jpg

IMG_4762_1.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

img]http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh545/69westyT2/IMG_4767.jpg[/img]

IMG_4768.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_4767.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

Dropped the front only by approx 50mm to level her out, wanted to roll stock!! 8)

For the time being!! :lol:

IMG_1098.jpg

I set to work on the door cards carfully peeling the original skins off the well tired hard board!! :|
I replaced both with 3mm exterior ply and panel clips from heritage, and reskined using original panel skins....
to keep it OG!! ;)

IMG_5175-1.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1025-1.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

All of the interior restoration work was carried out by myself & my extremely talented partner.XX ;)

SAM_1536.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

My other half also loves making stuff for the van, like Sock monkeys, crocheting...... pillows, danglers, blanckets all sorts!?!? :D

"CAMPMOBILE" :!: :!: :D

IMG_1021.jpg

SAM_1535.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

Sort of you :lol: need to resize your photo's a bit in the edit section there are some pre-set size's ie; small,medium,large.
but your getting there. :D
Very nice Bus. 8)

Pics are a bit random!!...I'll sort when I get a min!! :roll:

[photobucket][/photobucket]
IMG_5259.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh545/69westyT2/IMG_1075.jpg[/img

[img]http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh545/69westyT2/IMG_0296-2.jpg

IMG_1072-1.jpg

IMG_1265-1.jpg

IMG_1212-1.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_5257.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh545/69westyT2/IMG_1261.jpg[/img

[img]http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh545/69westyT2/IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg

SAM_1420.jpg

Best invesment to date!!! :D The awesome Gene Berg shifter my friend and owner of WorldWildWagens brought me back straight from the factory in O.C. California.
She shifts like a goodun and even the missus can drive her now!!! ;)

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1638.jpg

SAM_1429.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

SAM_1417.jpg

New shoes for the summer!!! ;)
Need dropspindles and narrowed beam and adjustable spring plates now.........and some one to fit em!!! :roll:

Empi sprinstar replicas, Steel 4.5 & 5.5 :D

IMG_1653.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

Very nice :mrgreen: don't remember seeing that one in Bristol, thought I was the only one standing tall (stock height) in
the area :lol: Where are you based?
Looks very much like your enjoying :D

OLIVE-BAY said:
cool van looks very clean indeed 8) init lovely having a dry state van mines a May 1968 and never been welded underneath either :mrgreen: its a strange concept old Volkswagens and rust issues :lol:

and yeah we like photos :party0051:
Yep there's a few of us in that club :mrgreen: make the most of it though it's goin to come one day still 4 years on & no sign yet. :lol:

terrier man said:
OLIVE-BAY said:
cool van looks very clean indeed 8) init lovely having a dry state van mines a May 1968 and never been welded underneath either :mrgreen: its a strange concept old Volkswagens and rust issues :lol:

and yeah we like photos :party0051:
Yep there's a few of us in that club :mrgreen: make the most of it though it's goin to come one day still 4 years on & no sign yet. :lol:

yeah I know so :roll: but hey ho I do love cleaning the underside of my van all we can do is our very best to preserve them 8)

BTW that registration is very similar to creationblue's 8)

myvanway 69 said:
Ok, How do I put spaces inbetween pics? :oops:
I no very good at diss!! :lol:

I think your doing ok :)

lovely bus indeed

to put a space in between each line of code, just hit RETURN at the end of each [/IMG] tag and put an empty line between each line of code in the post.

terrier man said:
Very nice :mrgreen: don't remember seeing that one in Bristol, thought I was the only one standing tall (stock height) in

Yarp!! ;)
Northamptonshire..... 1 mile away from (SANTAPOD)!!...... Bugjam etc, if that your thang?? :evil:
I prefer the more chilled doos nowadays, dun all that bk in the 90s!!
35 now!!!!!!! old man!!! :lol:

By pasting your image on the cursor & putting in between spaces by pressing the enter key/ down space it's kinda hard to put in writing :lol: you'll just keep having to have a play :lol:
You'll get used to it, anyway we can see them just that their all over the place. :lol:

OLIVE-BAY said:
terrier man said:

I dont live in Bristol but I also like to run stock hight lowered is Sooo last year :lol:

Lets start a new trend!! :lol:

Lewis.

terrier man said:
By pasting your image on the cursor & putting in between spaces by pressing the enter key/ down space it's kinda hard to put in writing :lol: you'll just keep having to have a play :lol:
You'll get used to it, anyway we can see them just that their all over the place. :lol:

OOOoop!!! :oops:

Hayho....ill av another go!! :lol:

Latest posts