losing the love UPDATE!! 8/5/12

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
short delay on engine will arrive wednesday old engine is out, judging by the amount of metal that came out with the oil id say its f#@ked so may just weigh it in :lol:

had a phone call this morning from steve strong the engine is ready, but he has a customer who has just sold a camper to a lady and she is traveling from cornwal to collect it and drive it home unfortunatly the case on this camper has a cracked case, so the customer wants to use my engine, meaning i will have to wait another week for an engine. However the customer has offered me £200 compensation and steve has offered to cover the carriage fees which were going to cost me £54.20 :D

what another week the weathers shit anyway, so i get a new engine and £250 in my pocket

result :lol:

You're putting up with this after all the trouble you've had? So he's going to take your new engine to Cornwall, install it in someone elses bus and drive it 100's of miles while it's supposed to be running in? I think after all you've been through, I'd have said no thanks, not my problem, gis me engine... :msn4:

ZedBed said:
You're putting up with this after all the trouble you've had? So he's going to take your new engine to Cornwall, install it in someone elses bus and drive it 100's of miles while it's supposed to be running in? I think after all you've been through, I'd have said no thanks, not my problem, gis me engine... :msn4:

I hate to say it but Zed's right. Something definately fishy going on here. If the engine is going to be delayed then Mr. Strong should say so, not give you wishy washy excuses like this.

I've been in your situation but once you've got a decent engine in the bus it'll be well worth it. Hope all goes well.

Des

i think you ve misunderstood me hes selling the engine to the cutomer to keep as the customer is selling the van to a lady from cornwall the customer is paying me £200 compinsation. steve is then building me a new engine which he will ship to me free of charge

so i get a new engine with warranty £200 cash of steves customer and steve pays my shipping costs

Have to say it still all sounds a bit fishy still, you've paid for the engine to be delivered and its already late and now suddenly another customer needs an engine in a hurry so he's bought himself another week and is giving you a bit of money off to compensate.

Personally I think you are too trusting, looking back on your posts you ordered the engine 3 weeks ago but now suddenly a brand new engine is going to be built in a week :?: :?:

Graham L said:
Have to say it still all sounds a bit fishy still, you've paid for the engine to be delivered and its already late and now suddenly another customer needs an engine in a hurry so he's bought himself another week and is giving you a bit of money off to compensate.

Personally I think you are too trusting, looking back on your posts you ordered the engine 3 weeks ago but now suddenly a brand new engine is going to be built in a week :?: :?:

fishy or not i still get my long block with warrenty and £200

after all the money im shelling out it'll be nice to get some back :D

lobie said:
fishy or not i still get my long block with warrenty and £200

after all the money im shelling out it'll be nice to get some back :D

I agree with lobie, what with the weather how it is right now, another week wont make any difference, however the wad of money saved surely will :lol:
If after the week the engine STILL isnt ready?....well thats the time to complain.

After the experience I went through with Airspeed I wouldn't wish that on anyone. At the end of the day everyone on here wants Lobie up and running with a reliable engine without hassle. I hope Steve Strong is telling the truth and £250 in your back pocket is better than nothing.

Good luck Lobie and hope you Dad's health is improving, my Dad recently had the same scare and pulled through the other side.

Des

5erge said:
After the experience I went through with Airspeed I wouldn't wish that on anyone. At the end of the day everyone on here wants Lobie up and running with a reliable engine without hassle. I hope Steve Strong is telling the truth and £250 in your back pocket is better than nothing.

Good luck Lobie and hope you Dad's health is improving, my Dad recently had the same scare and pulled through the other side.

Des

cheers dude dads doing fine now hes had surgery but is getting better by the day

Yep, I misunderstood Lobie - Queue jumping compensation then - it sounds like everyone's happy. :)

As said above we all want you on the road and able to relax and enjoy your van at last.

ZedBed said:
Yep, I misunderstood Lobie - Queue jumping compensation then - it sounds like everyone's happy. :)

As said above we all want you on the road and able to relax and enjoy your van at last.

Enjoying will be nice while engine is being fitted I'm also having my firetec put in new quality fuel hose and a good quality fuel filter fitted underneath near gearbox also changing brack fluid
Hopefully this will keep my paranoia at bay :D

Still no engine courier collected on Wednesday for delivery on thursday but never showed up so waiting to find out why it has been delayed so won t here owt till Tuesday pissed off is an understatement I am dying to get out in it and do some miles and get some camping in. Instead it's stuck on ramps in a mechanics garage gathering dust :x

lobie said:
Still no engine courier collected on Wednesday for delivery on thursday but never showed up so waiting to find out why it has been delayed so won t here owt till Tuesday pissed off is an understatement I am dying to get out in it and do some miles and get some camping in. Instead it's stuck on ramps in a mechanics garage gathering dust :x

:shock:

Have to say, reading through this, I'm glad I bought a brand new long block from VWHeritage. I rang up and ordered it Monday lunch time and it was delivered to me about lunch time Tuesday.
Hope you get sorted with it though.

Just spoke to Steve the guy who's built the engine he's said courier has cocked up but he is going to drive up from Essex on Tuesday with another engine so the mechanic can start fitting it if the other one turns up I just got to let the driver take it back

Result :D

Latest posts