• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

LHD 1971 deluxe Vw bus -----new price---- £4800 ono

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilbur

Reaction score
LHD 1971 deluxe Vw bus £4800 ono
in Bournemouth
Here we have my Volkswagen Type 2 early bay window. Freshly imported from L.A – all duties are paid. The desirable 1971 year- discs and removable rear valance for easy engine removal.
The bus has not been driven on uk roads- it needs going over, lights converting and MOTing before use, I have got it running and moved it about on my drive- it starts really quite well, the gear shift is a bit stiff though. It wont take long to sort. I had big plans to invest in it and start a wedding car business, but we are expecting child number 2 and its just not the right time. So its up for sale, I simply want what I have invested in it..
Would make a cool rat slammed hoodride bus.
The Good
• Overall this is a very solid bus, with all its deluxe belt trim. 1600 engine starts and drives ok, Front discs- new callipers- discs are a bit old and ropey but still stops
• Outriggers super solid and floors very solid- few little holes in main van area- these are from the inside out! Underside still has sealer on it!
• Front underside pan is still on
• Heat exchangers are still present- and not rusted.
• New white wall 14 ‘’tyres with some fresher wheels.
• New wing mirrors
• Cab floor has virtually no rust
• Battery tray is solid

Bad
• some rust repairs needed, worst areas are front clip which has bondo in drivers side and drivers side rear quarter has some bondo in also.
• Roof has got some bizarre holes in-about 4 holes all because the rust was repaired with tar and straw!!!- (reckon the Armish may have owned this bus at one point) who would repair a car with straw and tar!!! Weirdos!! all pretty small jobs

check the pics in this link.
http://s68.photobucket.com/user/willbe2good/library/vw%20deluxe%20bus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts