King and Link Pin Conversions - Bay vs Split torsion leaves

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike.s

Reaction score
HI,

Has anyone used the bay window torsion leaves on a king and link pin conversion?

I believe the bay window leaves are 'stronger', so won`t drop the van as much, so i was trying to use these.

I `ve got a bay window set and a split set - both are the same length. The bay window leaves will pass through the split beam and the centre boss in the beam, but i cannot get the arms on the end of the leaves.

I tried the arm on the split leaves and with a bit of jigging, they slid on no probs.

Are the bay ones ever so slightly bigger? I presumed as they went through the centre boss in the split beam, they would go into the arms aswell, but its not happening yet! I havent hit them with a hammer or anything yet as i`m a little worried i won`t get them off if there a really tight fit!

All the leaves are lined up as i`ve laid a weld over the end of them and i`ve also chamfered the ends so they '(should!) start easily.

Cheers, Mike

Well, i measured them with the calipers and to confirm, they are the same size.

Managed to get one of the arms on with a little help form the wooden mallet :)

Latest posts