Just noticed , splitty's n latebays have--

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Analog said:
sorry. of course. you would never have a beige bay.
Check your VW folklore history.... my bay was Maestro beige when I bought it.... I painted it GREEN :D

standard height isn't an early or late thing.... its a west country thing...

everything is dropped in essex.... nothing is dropped in Somerset early or late... I've seen it with my own eyes... they're wierd!

Technohippy said:

everything is dropped in essex.... nothing is dropped in Somerset early or late... I've seen it with my own eyes... they're wierd!

cant drop mine mate they would all cry it looks to good ;)

robins said:
Technohippy said:

cant drop mine mate they would all cry it looks to good ;)

Stock height for me

Technohippy said:
Analog said:
sorry. of course. you would never have a beige bay.
my bay was Maestro beige :D

that showed me. :oops: better mark your own scorecard up again.

next i suppose you will be taking that chip on your shoulder over to the T4/5 forums and moaning how elitist they are by daring to have a type specific place on the web too?

for someone with the username "hippy" , you are very highly strung. maybe its those E tablets from the techno half of you making you all paranoid and stuff?

i actually dont mind late bays/t25's and others. but through personal choice i wouldn't want one unless i couldn't afford anything earlier or more aesthetically pleasing. but apparently thats snobbish :cry:

anyway, thanks for gracing us with your presence.

Analog said:
next i suppose you will be taking that chip on your shoulder over to the T4/5 forums and moaning how elitist they are by daring to have a type specific place on the web too?
There is a T25 forum...
There is not a pre 84 T25 forum
There is not a forum for only aircooled ones or only watercooeld ones
There is not a "pressed vent only" T25 forum

You're not quite seeing the point here are you?
They're all T25s .... that's what they are, nobody is snobby about the nuances throughout the production run :mrgreen:
Its called being inclusive.

Analog said:
for someone with the username "hippy" , you are very highly strung. maybe its those E tablets from the techno half of you making you all paranoid and stuff?
I think your name suits your perfectly Anal O.G. :mrgreen:
Analog said:
i actually dont mind late bays/t25's and others. but through personal choice i wouldn't want one unless i couldn't afford anything earlier or more aesthetically pleasing. but apparently thats snobbish :cry:
No... wanting it is fine, making a distinction that its "better" and forming a clique, in my book, isn't. In fact its the exact opposite of what Volkswagen as a whole stands for.
Analog said:
anyway, thanks for gracing us with your presence.
And thanks for lurking on thelatebay :D

Analog, I do believe the sole purpose of this thread was to go fishing. And you appear to have taken the bait my friend.
They're good at it, I'll give them that. Even with an age old juvenile debate such as this, if done well you can 'reel em in' so easily. Been caught myself plenty of times :D .
Am sure it's just meant as a bit of a giggle..... :roll:

Pete B said:
Analog, I do believe the sole purpose of this thread was to go fishing. And you appear to have taken the bait my friend.
They're good at it, I'll give them that. Even with an age old juvenile debate such as this, if done well you can 'reel em in' so easily. Been caught myself plenty of times :D .
Am sure it's just meant as a bit of a giggle..... :roll:

:D :D :D :D

Have you read TH's idea about the tweeds at elemental - funny but class :msn4:

pete obviously it was fishing, but me taking the bait? maestro beige hippy is wriggling on the end of my line. :lol:

it generally is banter with most of the guys, but maestro beige has a chip on his shoulder with his complaints about cliques and the like, sounds like his issue is more with slammed resto, before my time though i guess.

after all he signed up to a site that is clearly for "fans" of the lowlight version of the bay and got all whiny about it, so i dont get his issue? it's not like it was a surprise was it?. oh wait, this "early bay" forum is not for my late 70's bay specifically? gosh!

i think he is the one missing the point that some people happen to find the earlier design nicer through personal preference, why is this so bad that it burns him up inside so much?

there may not be different forums for early/late T25's but I'm sure there are people, the same with any vehicle, that prefer earlier ones to late ones and vice versa, that happens with any VW model, beetles, splits, ghia's, T3's, even new bays,

all bays are not included in any pre 67 stuff, is that a "clique" you dislike too?

and last time i checked, it was the late boys telling us how theirs is better not the other way around, better brakes, better lights, better safety etc etc..

what is so anal about personal preference? ( great joke by the way. ). i prefer early bays, big deal.

anyway, my dads bigger than your dad.

it's all a bit like this to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oesOC7JvcwQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

peace.

and last time i checked, it was the late boys telling us how theirs is better not the other way around, better brakes, better lights, better safety etc etc..

true tis true !.

The finished product is better :D

if you ever meet Tecnohippy, hes a nice guy, but loves a windup. Ive lost count the number of short jokes and prototypes jokes hes made with me ( or ive made before he can get them in )

he cant help it if he owns a late bay and a T25, hes just a bit confused in his old age :lol: :lol:

And yes, its funny how late bay owners are always telling me how anal us earlybay owners are and then reminding us how great a late bay is ( and yes i do own a late and an early dave ;) )

:D

Anal OG did you keep the receipt for your sense of humour? I'd take it back its faulty :lol:

gary can you pick Anal OG's toys up off the floor an put them back in his pram... I'd do it but you're nearer :mrgreen:

and thank you for putting in another odl joke gary... you wanna come back with grey hair one too? :mrgreen:

earlybayers feel free to vote technostroppy for the Victor Meldrew Award 2011 on TheLateBay.com

http://thelatebay.com/index.php?topic=11139.msg147018;topicseen#new" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts