Just Kampers Stainless Quiet Pack

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPBerry2011

Reaction score
Hi all. Hope somebody might be able to help. Started fitting this last night. How does the heat exchanger connect into the system? Pic attached.

Many thanks.

Also, should I use standard exhaust gaskets or the gold thick ones supplied with the 4in1 manifold?
e713fb59b96011f6950d18f6897f1f43.jpg
a3d0fcac7e4dcb5d391de4089231d8bb.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Not ideal but I just used some of that metal corrugated hose from exchanger to the metal connector pipe that sits in the hole in tin ware then the stock cardboard pipe from the connector to the fan shroud seemed to work ok . I did try and use one long piece of the foil hose straight from the exchanger to the fan shroud and that did work for a while but I found that the metal hose kept on bending and collapsed inwards and restricted the air flow but there may be a stronger option available now ? . Either way you will need some of those wide clamps as normal jubilee clips don't seem to hold that well . No doubt there's a " proper" way to do this but that's what I did and it worked ok for a year or 2 untill the foil pipe needed replacing [emoji106]

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hi bac2ba6,

Below is a photo , not the best but shows the pipe.
Bought from Machine 7 , it is Stainless Steel and does not kink easily and will not close when under pressure.
I bought 2 meters and it was sufficient for all three pipes. Be careful when cutting as it can bite you. :lol: :lol:
Don't ask , suffice to say took a little more than a plaster. A little more expensive but worth it in the long run.

J & P
:D :D :D

Some places sell a slighter tougher than normal specific piece of hose that is actually pre-formed to make the connection from heat exchanger to the tinwear where it joins the, err, joint.

Latest posts