• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Hurst style 'Boz' Bumper Bar - Now for Early Bays !!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonesy

Reaction score
Hurst style 'Boz' Bumper Bars

I can now finally make these to order, to fit your Early Bay.

Supplied with all the necessary fittings to bolt straight on, so its a 10 minutes job!

Individually built to the highest standard, using the latest CNC and laser manufacturing technology and assembled, here in the UK, by experienced and certificated master craftsmen and are designed to be a straight forward 'bolt-on' accessory with no need for cutting or welding of your bus.

£400 (includes brackets and fitting hardware)

£20 P&P (within UK)

Email me at [email protected] to order yours now.

Cheers,
Neil

4437109.jpg

4437106.jpg

4437107.jpg

4437108.jpg

Any chance you could get a pic if the underside with a set fitted?
Need to see how low they hang and also how thick is the steel for the mountings? Will they last being dragged over speed bumps etc?

sjc said:
Any chance you could get a pic if the underside with a set fitted?
Need to see how low they hang and also how thick is the steel for the mountings? Will they last being dragged over speed bumps etc?

Same as please .

:D

Have a look at the pics of the splitscreens dragging them along the floor here;

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=555484" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They stand up to it pretty well.

You have a 5mm plate bolted to a 6mm thick bracket - at the lowest point. So 11mm of steel - takes some wearing down.

My 63 did more damage to the roads than the bar or brackets :shock:

i am more interested if they sit lower than the drag link on a bay as then i have areal good reason to get one. :lol:

sjc said:
i am more interested if they sit lower than the drag link on a bay as then i have areal good reason to get one. :lol:

:lol: Its a good idea, avoid hitting steering parts, hit these brackets instead ;)

This pic should give you a good idea of where it will sit underneath

4437108.jpg

Jonesy said:
sjc said:

:lol: Its a good idea, avoid hitting steering parts, hit these brackets instead ;)

This pic should give you a good idea of where it will sit underneath

4437108.jpg
ha ha i think they might do the job. however they also look like they might actually be on the floor.
are you taking them to any shows? would be good to have a look at them in the flesh

Looks good apart from the fact the arched cross member runs straight across the VW badge on the front :? ......kind of lets it down IMO.
On the splitties it runs underneath. Makes more sense.

Just received mine as a surprise from my wife for my 40th b'day. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Looks the nuts. Can't wait to get it fitted............. :shock:

I'll post some pics of mine once I get it lowered enough to look cool.

Thanks Neil for helping my wife with the surprise. She reckons you were spot on.

Cheers

Lee

DubBGood2Me said:
Just received mine as a surprise from my wife for my 40th b'day. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Looks the nuts. Can't wait to get it fitted............. :shock:

I'll post some pics of mine once I get it lowered enough to look cool.

Thanks Neil for helping my wife with the surprise. She reckons you were spot on.

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee,

Glad you liked your suprise :D and thanks for your post here... look forward to the pics.

Happy new year!

Cheers,
Neil

danielgomez said:
Here is mine fitted really happy with it :D

Dan.

150D60B4.jpg

Hi Dan,

Thanks for posting up your pic, it looks great (but then i would say that ;) ) no the van too tho i mean.

Glad your happy with it.

Happy new year.

Cheers,
Neil

Latest posts