Gear linkage bushes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gman86

Reaction score
Just fitted all new bushes and gators to the gear linkage but have this unknown bush all others are accounted for but this one I can't find reference to any where for any model bay. Any ideas just for my peice of mind

Right at the front of the shifter rod under the cab. There is a little bar the rod pivots on

Thanks Karl that was my theory as to what it was but I could not fit it over the guide rod and it didn't seem to marry up with the white bush fitted inside the coupling

Gman86 said:
Thanks Karl that was my theory as to what it was but I could not fit it over the guide rod and it didn't seem to marry up with the white bush fitted inside the coupling

Hi, Just interested in how good a fit the font white bush was over the pin that sticks out horizontally from the floorpan? I have bought a couple of these and they are so sloppy its ridiculous. On my list of to-do's is to measure the diameter of the pin and the inside diameter of the white bush and get a friend to knock up a sleeve that reduces the slop here. I ended up buying a vintage speed shifter but this slop still means its not a positive as it could be, just interested in your experience.
Thanks, Mags.

Latest posts