• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE 1971 EARLY BAY TIN TOP *ONLY 1 PREVIOUS OWNER!!***

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stepfordwive

Reaction score
NOW SOLD!!
1971 early bay *ONLY 1 PREVIOUS OWNER* *Original Danbury conversion*

I am selling my 1st ‘car’, a 1971 Volkswagen type 2 early bay tin top camper van in pastel white
Tax exempt and MoT’d until June 2016
http://s288.photobucket.com/user/stepfordwive/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Only 1 previous owner before me and I’ve owned the vehicle since 1992, she’s been to many music festivals and I’ve had many happy times in it over the years but I've just made the decision to upgrade to a T5, so after much deliberation she's for sale!

I’ve had a lot of work done on the van over the years it was resprayed in 1998 we also had a full overhaul in 2008 by Steph at Manchester Air-cooled new unleaded 1600 engine, brakes, welding etc costing thousands but since then we’ve only done just over 1600 miles in it! as we just haven’t used it as much as we anticipated.

Other work and servicing after this was carried out by Toms V Dubs in Runcorn before he retired including a new carb, electronic ignition fitted and a petrol tank flush and hoover, new manifold boots after one was cracked, I also recently had all the interior foam cushions replaced and recovered for £500 after they disintegrated after 44 years service! the original accelerator cable snapped last year so we replaced this and had a small amount amount of welding done to get it through the MOT along with a new battery and 2 new tyres.

The interior is the original Danbury conversion and I’ve still got most of the original bits, the cooker,sink and, jack plus the original awning that came with the van! I’ve also been told years ago by various mechanics that the van is a ‘one year only’ model and has a double bottom incase it wanted a pop top!

The front seats are still in relatively good shape as is the headlining and I’ve never changed the locks or ignition so only one key is needed , both bumpers are also original, Its 2 Berth, but we also have a childs bunk which fits into the front cab.

you won’t lose money on this van, anything you spend on it will only add to its value and its a blank canvas, if you wanted to renovate and it having owned it for years you can see the cosmetic work that would need doing.. its pretty obvious

I will also included the 2 awnings that came with the van one of these is the original blue canopy, original vw instruction and other maintenance books, restoration book, plus any other original bits and bobs that I’ve kept over the years which could prove essential for a full restoration.

theres 44,700 K on the clock
engine was replaced just after 43K

no time wasters please, the van currently resides and is stored in Cheshire just off the M62/M56 and so viewings would have to be pre arranged and booked around this.

Latest posts