Fire prevention/Fireblitz

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murph88uk

Reaction score
Morning,

i know there has been a couple of threads on here about Fire prevention, I've just bought a Fireblitz auto extinguisher for my bay. where have y'all fitted them? reading through some people have spent a while figuring it out. a picture will do (photobucket have blocked the original ones) ! cheers guys :)

Liam

I have the blitz powder one, just fitted it diagonally on the non-battery wheelwell pointing towards the engine. Not ideal but should still be enough to put the fire out. As long as its not fitted horizontally it'll be fine.

I also have a small powder one under the dash and a massive CO2 one under the bench seat. Not that I'm paranoid lol.

why not horizontally?? because of it being powder? any pics mate? thames for the reply

I changed my powder one for an AFFF one after reading a few websites, some more including pic's here: (although you might need the Chrome Photobucket fixing add-in if that makes sense)
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65346

Mags

murph88uk said:
why not horizontally?? because of it being powder? any pics mate? thames for the reply

They wont work if they aren't mounted at least 10 degrees below horizontal

Mines far from ideal, it could be closer but it will still work. In an enclosed space like the engine bay. A better location would be nearer the engine and a bit higher.

ITiJBNE.jpg

I'm not too worried as I have this under the seat as well :D
ultrafire-2kg-co2.jpg

Powder is OK, yes gas suppression ones are canny as they leave no mess and if they are the cold type can prevent reigniting.

People will argue to the cows come home which they prefer, its personal choice, powder is cheap but messy, gas expensive but mess free.

Thing is with gas, if it goes off and leaves no mess, I dunno if people would be tempted to drive off it they 'think' they've solved the problem. Then if it happened again, no extinguisher?

With powder you don't have a choice but to stop, as engine bay will need hoovered out, and possibly carb cleaned.

Just a thought.

Latest posts