Favourite Camper Scoff

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayHutch

Reaction score
Ok, apart from bacon sandwiches and the good old BBQ, what's your favourite camper meal cooked on a single or double ring burner?

when we camp with friends I have cooked up a big pot of chilli (slow cooked with real chunks of beef) beforehand. Whilst it is still hot wrap the pot in old towels etc to insulate and stick in a cardboard box - it will stay hot enough to eat for hours !. once everyone has set up camp all you need to do is boil some rice and you have a great meal for everyone - always goes down well.

A bit more basic and simple , which me and the kids love is a can of hot dogs (just don't think about what they are made of )

RayHutch said:
Ok, apart from bacon sandwiches and the good old BBQ, what's your favourite camper meal cooked on a single or double ring burner?

Salmon, garlic and rosemary new potatoes, asparagus with hollandaise sauce. Cooked on a Ridge Monkey......check them out theyre awesome :D

sparkywig said:
I use a Cobb.

Yep, another vote for the Cobb.

We chuck a whole chicken in it, leave it for a couple of hours whilst we wander around a show, have a few drinks, etc., and when we get back the meat falls off the bone. Mmmmm. :D

We recently got a gas Cobb, great bit of kit. Took a while to sort out regulators and bits to get it to run off a big bottle though but worth the hassle. Only used it 3 times and as we were in Wales we made Welsh Cawl and it was seriously good.

Pot noodle, with a yoghurt for pudding. :D

Usually some sort of pasta for me on the double hob..

Sent from my Siswoo C55 using Tapatalk

I used a cobb for the first time recently. It worked a treat.
However I prefer to cook on a fire, pick campsites that allow them. Dutch oven chips on the coals and either flame grilled chicken or butterflied leg of lamb :)
Keep the gas burner for the kettle or espresso maker.

Clem said:

As an easy feast, I'm another one for the naughty poodle, Bombay bad boy and chicken and mushroom are my two favourites but I'll bang one of the others too. As a one dish wonder, throw anything you like in a sandwich bag with a couple of eggs, do one for each person. Smack em about and pop em in a pot of boiling water, wiggle about till cooked to perfection. Omelette ah la baggie. If you want to, you can even spoon eat them straight from the bag :p

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Taa, Daaaah!! :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
Clem said:

As an easy feast, I'm another one for the naughty poodle, Bombay bad boy and chicken and mushroom are my two favourites but I'll bang one of the others too. As a one dish wonder, throw anything you like in a sandwich bag with a couple of eggs, do one for each person. Smack em about and pop em in a pot of boiling water, wiggle about till cooked to perfection. Omelette ah la baggie. If you want to, you can even spoon eat them straight from the bag :p

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Taa, Daaaah!! :mrgreen:

Nice.... I like that idea Ozziedog :p

KevH said:
CornishSilver said:
...as we were in Wales we made Welsh Cawl and it was seriously good.

You can't say that without sharing the recipe. :lol:
Haha Basically a Lamb and leek stew with many slight variations depending where in Wales you have it. I just pulled a recipe off of google and turned out to be a goodun. Cant remember the site..

Chicken and chorizo paella. One chopping board one pan, just chop the chicken last. Oh and don't forget the red wine :D

Latest posts