Eastbourne Extreme/ Bus Stop

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My granparents live in Eastbourne and it's safe to say that is the most exciting thing I've happen there, EVER :lol:

Feeling the westy with bully bars 8)

My uncle Ken used to live their as well, i too remember it as being very boring and full of old people like my uncle.
I'd probably like it now!

I`ve lived here all my life and i must admit a local show/event like this is great.
The weather was perfect and there was a good turn out of VW`s.
Lets hope next year is the same :D

Awesome pics. Looks like it was a great time.

Question, where do you guy's get your flag poles? I bought a 25 foot one here in the USA but it doesn't have the neat bend at the top like your guy's do. I may have to spring for the extra money to have one from over there shipped here. :D

Oh, and I have one of those woody Morris Minors. Just not in the shape as the one in your pic. LOL Mine is being stored in the loft in our garage. Needs a lot of work. A project for when we get bored. LOL

Thanks for your replys guys and girls !
Just got back from Kent VW festival which was great :D
We had a thunderstorm and torrential down pour, which was fun!
The flag poles are for sale at most VW shows and probably available on the net.
The Morris Minor belongs to a mate and I believe it runs aV8 with Nitros ;)

CHILDSEY said:
Thanks for your replys guys and girls !

The flag poles are for sale at most VW shows and probably available on the net.
The Morris Minor belongs to a mate and I believe it runs aV8 with Nitros ;)

Thanks, just ordered a 9M one from AmazonUK. Only cost me roughly 32 bucks to buy it and have it shipped to the US. Hopefully that is right though. LOL I was figuring a lot more but Amazon automatically converted it to US dollars for me. That and I hope I figured the conversion from Meters to Feet right. 9M = 29 feet tall. That is taller then my current pole which is 25 foot tall. I just like your guy's poles better because they look neat when they are bent over. Mine doesn't bend like that.

Maybe I can add mine current one and the new one together and make an even taller pole. LOL

Thanks for the help and sorry for the thread jack. Oh, and we had planned on putting Datsun motor in our Morris, just never got to it, yet! :D

Hi Kim , glad you got a flagpole sorted :D
Just be careful where you put it up, as i nearly stuck mine under an overhead electricity line at a VW show this weekend :shock:
Are there many Morris Minors in the States?
Cheers Paul.

CHILDSEY said:
Hi Kim , glad you got a flagpole sorted :D
Just be careful where you put it up, as i nearly stuck mine under an overhead electricity line at a VW show this weekend :shock:
Are there many Morris Minors in the States?
Cheers Paul.

That would have been a shocking experience! LOL :D

I have seen maybe 3 other Minors since I have had mine. Not very many.

Hi Aspro, i`d been looking for one for a while, but with no luck.
Then i remembered a mate who`s into VW`s that lives in Australia.
I messaged him and within a week he`d tracked down 3 near him in Perth :D
I chose this one and a crate of beer was all the guy wanted for it!
My mate then brought it over on the plane when he was visiting.
I had planned to strip and powder coat it ,but decided to run it as is for a while.
I have to admit the inspiration came from Mawgan Lewis (Evil Ben`s brother) gold Westy
featured in Camper and Bus some time ago. ;)
Glad you like it!

hi, can anyone tell me the name/make of the van that has a caravan look on the back ? there was one at camperjam too it looked fab.. thankyou

They're a SA conversion called a Jurgens. Look nice but quite heavy and a wooden frame so not ideal.

Latest posts