• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Early bay rubber overrider RUBBERS

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Steve,

I got the overrider rubbers this week.
They look really great, thanks !!

If you want to see how they gonna look on my bus,
you can visit my weblog: http://jbvwt2b.skynetblogs.be/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But as i'm now also working on a ragtop bug, so it will take
some time the bus will be ready.

Regards,
Johan

klelfenklock sell them for £130 a set and it the same poor quality as the justkampers ones , check out their pictures

P1000424.jpg

P1000453.jpg

yes i know its a late bay but the rubbers are the same

Hi, I have a pair of overriders that are not the regular tall type, and could do with new rubbers.
These rubbers are 215 mm tall following the profile at the back which fits to the acutal overrider and 50 mm wide. The mounting studs are 120 mm approx to centers in the rubber. Im not sure how this measures up with the regular ones, as I 've not managed to get a pair yet! If these do not use the same rubber as the regular one as I suspect - is it possible (and How expensive) would it be to reproduce these? thanks Mark.

DSCF3450-1.jpg

did you measure it flat ? the ones i have are the same size as og ones which is 245 ish x 55 ish when flat . with three studs ! the number of studs isn`t the problem its the mould as they are 3D milled i.e time consuming and expensive and not really viable for 2 ,

Hi I've been looking at the photos a bit closer and I have just noticed that on the normal over riders the rubber strip doesn't go all the way to the top and bottom of the over rider like mine do, so they might fit. I will have to ask 'Pearls cafe' to lend me one of his to have a measure up next time he's over this way! the long measurement i took of 215 mm was with a tape measure following the contour of the back/inside of the rubber if that makes things any clearer? thanks for the reply.

ps Also how many would you need to make producing these a viable option?

about 50 :lol: !! yours don`t look bad at all !!! i`ve measured an og one as well and its 245 give or take , how many studs does yours have ? do you have a pic of the back of the rubber , i`m trying to think of a way to shorten it. there was a fair bit of work to get the normal ones right as i scraped a good 25 till i was happy . Are yours borrowed from something else vw, beetle/ type 4 ???
nxt time ask me something easy like a different colour :lol:

I am looking for bumpers for my complete semideluxe of 70 years

HELP MEEE
:roll:

Latest posts