• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Dormobile Project 71

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kank

Reaction score
A restoration project with most panels, selling due to no time to complete :(

It needs welding to the lower 6" out riggers, jacking points heater tube, cross members sills are supplied and loom tube, 90% of the panels are here and ready to go in.

I have a 1600cc engine complete with full tinware and a 1600cc gearbox, the rear suspension has been blasted and powder coated gloss black, the standard front beam is still complete - 5x112 disc brake etc - standard steels - Dormobile pop top with new canvas in grey (been fitted once then removed) - all the poptop bits supports etc - roof has been repaired on the rear and fully repainted in L90E just needs a flat and polish.

No interior apart from a bluebirds 3/4 rock and roll (worth £300)

The dormobile has still got it's OG front seats - front cooker - Dormobile plates - roof canvas etc etc

Doors and sliding door are good only a slight dent in the drivers, front and rear bumpers are good and brackets have again been powder coated gloss black. all glass doors hatchs and lids are still here!

I started cutting and welding a while ago but work is too busy for me to finish it so I have cut the rot out in most places, the engine and chassis have been blasted ready for the new panels (schofields) are ready to go in, B pillars and bulk head have been welded up just needs flatting down, inner and middle sills are in or ready to be fully welded in, out sills are here and the o/s will need a small section of the middle panel welded back in but the panel is here.

Front arches have been cut and new sections welded in again just needs finishing off -front panel has just been sanded down, rear engine area is fine battery trays and tray are fine no rot as are the rear corners etc rear floor fine and spare wheel well is fine.

Price is £4500 as is with everything I have for the bus 07970958214 - V5 here in my name - vw sales doc - dormobile sales doc - loads of history - photos of an old resto etc

The bus in Bristol sat on a dolly I can rebuild the running gear so it can be moved.

P7250081.jpg

P7250069.jpg

P7250072.jpg

P7250058.jpg

P7250051.jpg

P7250043.jpg

P7250044.jpg

P7250042.jpg

This is how the bus looks now really stripped and awaiting welding. Not a million miles away from being finished and easy to complete as most of the panels are ready to go in, Price reflex's the condition.
09739063-8CAE-49F9-8ACA-4CD193F7315B-1514-00000135C9673407_zps57587a7c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts