Dormobile pop top pvc material tape

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluematt1

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
T2 Dormobile
Hi all, not sure if been asked before, the back / front to wider side piece of pvc seems are opening on the joins, it would appear there is some fabric tape which joins the seams has dried out and can see daylight in areas.
Anyone recommend a double sided tape? I’ve found this online but would rather go of a recommendation if possible to save doing it twice

https://www.tape2go.com/1392tm-double-sided-pvc-tape-122-p.asp

I did a little experiment on this subject. Before and after pictures then the video of my findings. The video is too big but the long and short of it was that £1 shop super glue was the best stuff. The other thing tested were Stormsure adhesive, double sided sticky tape which is a great quick fix and a get out of jail free temp fix and I also tested Solvent weld(plumbers merchant stuff). The best one was superglue. For extra strength once it's glued together maybe some waxed cotton to stitch up the seam to make double sure. I was going to do this but didn't as time got the better of me.

Attachments

• IMG_20230910_103122.jpg
    IMG_20230910_103122.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230930_121454.jpg
    IMG_20230930_121454.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts