• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Door card,Hub caps, and other bits

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparky

Reaction score
A few bits from my bus here.
First off is a set of cushions that have been over covered. The sun had got to the original fabric (The remains of which are still in there).
Not great condition but may give you something to sit on for now. £Sold

Next up the air filter.
Needs a clean, has some overspray on it and the flex hose has been repaired at some time. £Sold

Drivers side door card from a RHD van. £10
Has hole for speaker, dirt and scratches from use, but may be what you want.
DoorCard1.jpg

Reverse
DoorCard2.jpg

Bottom edge where someone painted the bottom of the door and painted the card as well :roll:
DoorCard3.jpg

Ratty collection of hubcaps. I don't believe any of these are genuine. I was going to blast them and have them chromed to a decent thickness. £10 for all 5
hubs1.jpg

Manifold joints. To join the bits of a twin port manifold £2
manfends.jpg

Sill repair panel. £10
DSC_1638.JPG

DSC_1636.JPG

Devon sink? It came out of my bus that had a Devon style interior take a look see if it's what you want. £10
DSC_1644.JPG

DSC_1645.JPG

DSC_1646.JPG

All prices are for collection from Wimborne Dorset BH21 2UF.

That's all for now, I'll try to add anything else I find as I go.

Hi could you post the air filter ?

happy to arrange a courier if you cant be bothered , but are around during the day for him to collect (any week day...and no hurry ;-)

I guess I could post it but delivery on this kind of thing is usually as much as it's worth! I'll try and find a box for it, do you mind the inlet hose being detached?

I usually use collect plus for larger items as I'm at work during the day and the local shop is open to 11pm.

Sparky.

Second dibs on air box. How do you work out which is the right one for your bus. I'm a bit thick :?

This might help:

Tofufi said:
There are 3 different types of oil bath filter fitted to Early Bays (that I know of...)

The first has a flap connected via a bowden cable to the flaps in the fanshroud. This is operated by the main engine thermostat, altering the temperature of intake air as the engine warms up.

The second has a seperate wax thermostat on the side of the intake. I tried a couple of these and couldn't get one to provide the right temperature of air for my engine to run nicely. I can't find a picture at the moment.

The third has a different type of thermostat and a vacuum connection to the manifold. I found this to be the best, by a long shot.

5767034375_72a3435d1f.jpg

I'd imagine a post in 'wanted' should help you find a secondhand one cheaply, or a complete filter might be easier to come by.

It would be good to see different pictures of all types, no 3 especially :!:

Sparky said:
I guess I could post it but delivery on this kind of thing is usually as much as it's worth! I'll try and find a box for it, do you mind the inlet hose being detached?

I usually use collect plus for larger items as I'm at work during the day and the local shop is open to 11pm.

Sparky.

no problem removing the inlet hose...pm me the payment details once you know the total cost :)

Air filter sold to "rupert the bay" as he was the first. Thanks to everybody else who showed an interest.

I'll get it in the post ASAP.

Sparky

Latest posts