Deluxe devon crossover

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
always wondered what domes would look like on 71 wheels i really like it 8)

i love this bus

epic wheelnut removal FAIL:
wheelnut.jpg

so i gave up and just painted the wheels on the van!

Some nice work going on there 8)

B@tch with that wheel nut not coming off :evil:

Another update:
heres the van in the battle of the bays last weekend at the bus stopover.
vandisp.jpg

With the hottest day off the year looming i thought i should try and get the engine running cooler so ive tig welded up the nasty pre-heat pipe hole in the tinware, tomorrow im going to get an air flow meter on the twin carbs and get them tuned up.
IMG_02061.jpg

Also on todays job list was attempt to reduce the loud popping on deceleration (holey exhaust?) so off came the shitty monza 4 tip, on went the shitty single quiet pack (after some welding). It did reduce the popping alot but there is still some coming from one heat exchanger. Next week im going to get some J tubes and a nice new exhaust to go on the hew heads...but the question is what? i was looking at a mondo or phatboy, waddayewfink?
IMG_02081.jpg

Ive been busy today: picked up a load of bit to fit on at the weekend ive ive been hand lapping all my valves. The van has been making some seriously bad popping noises on deceleration so ive decided its time for new (old) heads, you know, ones with exhaust studs and everything! So hopefully when ive got one of these bolted to my new heads everything should be cool!
phatboy%20exhaust.gif

IMGP3660.jpg

Oh and just a work of caution to everyone, if your put twin carbs on do make sure you actually bolt them to the manifolds before driving across the country. Your engine will work much better if you do. :oops:

luke said:
Oh and just a work of caution to everyone, if your put twin carbs on do make sure you actually bolt them to the manifolds before driving across the country. Your engine will work much better if you do. :oops:
:lol: :shock:

Hope all the work ends with a wicked engine ;)

haha cheers, i am actually gutted about the "f" though! My bus refuses to come out the the garage under 20°C normally, although it might be going to the big ansty interclub meet and dubfreeze :shock: it wont know whats hit it!

Big Ansty interclub meet? who, where, when

Havent been to any of the club meets yet, are you in the ones who meet at the Hair & Hounds or the Griff. I didnt want to turn up just claiming i own a bus :lol: with a bag full of photos of rusty things :shock:

The mega-club meet is the 6th March 11:00 onwards at the Sparrow Hall (used to be the Ansty arms)

I am in all the local clubs and they are pretty cool, you don't need to worry about not turning up in a bus most peoples aircooled car don't seem to ever be on the road anyway! If you are interested Coventry aircooled meet at the hare and hounds on a Wednesday night (tonight, then every fortnight onwards) and flat4fanatics meet at the griff on a Wednesday night fortnightly (next week onwards) in addition to that HubbaDubba meet at the milestone in Hinckley (next one is the 28th I think...) you would be made most welcome!

Danbury Doug said:
Great bus, great colour! :D
The best colour!

An update of the work i have done recently.
The mondo exhaust which really did not want to fit is now done, i had to machine an "exhaust flange angle modification shim" (see below pic) to give me more ground clearance because it was clearly stupid and wasn't gonna get on the ferry to France in a few weeks! I then had to modify the bumper bracket which was getting in the way, so that has been moved over by 30mm and an exhaust strap welded on. all in all not bad, i will give it a spin on sunday to see how it drives! Whilst in the engine bay i decided to redo the engine bay seal. I bought one a few years back but it was stifff and i could not close the engine bay, so for the last few years i have been running around with 3 B&Q draft excluders glued on top of each other as a seal. Not very effective, especially since they keep falling off and trying to suck themselves into the fan belt. I had a look around and found some rubber foam stuff at work so i cut and glued some today and made a new seal, perfect fit too! next on the list is restore and refit the rear deluxe bumper trims and fit a fuel pressure regulator!

Original exhaust
IMG_0253.jpg

Modified exhaust (with flat tyres, so there will be more clearance than this)
IMG_0366.jpg

Exhaust flange angle modification shim
IMG_0356.jpg

Old "seal"
IMG_0367.jpg

New seal, sorry bout the lack of light!
IMG_0369.jpg

Latest posts