Dash lights turn off when main beam headlights come on

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bluenose said:
you never answered Tofufi's question

Does the green light on the dash illuminate when side lights or headlights are on?

The green light illuminates when dipped beam is used but no dash instrument lights, the dimmer doesn't seem to work neither. New switch??

Bigbear said:
bluenose said:
you never answered Tofufi's question

Does the green light on the dash illuminate when side lights or headlights are on?

The green light illuminates when dipped beam is used but no dash instrument lights, the dimmer doesn't seem to work neither. New switch??

Does the green light also work with just the sidelights on? :)

Edit: Beaten to it, I must learn to type faster :lol:

Are you able to post a clear picture of the wires going to your switch?

Actually I've just been out to the van and double checked, the green light only comes on with sidelights, it goes on on dipped beam. I now have no instrument lights at all .

I could get a pic of the back of the switch but it probably wouldn't be much use as most wires have been butchered at some point and had different colour wires joined onto them.

Bigbear said:
the green light only comes on with sidelights, it goes on on dipped beam.

Do you mean it (green light) goes *out* on dipped beam headlights?

Tofufi said:
gvee said:
Dual filaments.

Bigbear, with sidelights on, does your dash illumination dim/brighten when you rotate the headlamp switch?

I never realised this..... At least I don't have to change all my dash bulbs now, just twist knob ooer !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts