BUSFEST '12

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clem

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
BUSFEST 2012

WELCOME TO THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL BUSFEST

An event for Owners & Enthusiasts of the Volkswagen Transporter

BUSFEST is the new name for the annual VANFESTIVAL event held at the Three Counties Showground MALVERN, over the weekend of 7-9 SEPTEMBER.

Why have we changed the name?

I'm afraid we have had no choice.

It has been a long protracted saga, but at the end of last year we were informed by the current holders of the “VANFEST” trademark (Volkswagen Type 2 Owners Club) that we no longer have their permission to use the Vanfest name for the event we started off & have been producing at the Malvern Showground for the past 18 years.

In order for us to fulfill our existing contractual obligations with the showground (and stay in business) we have had to start up a new event with a new name.

That new name is........................................... BUSFEST.

We think the new name is the best we can come up with and is a natural successor to our previous one. It fits in well with the existing logo & is easily recognized all over the world as being connected to VW Transporters.

BUSFEST will retain a similar format, & size to the previous festival.
For those of you who went to Vanfest last year the layout will be similar as we are already committed to a lot of the plans we already have in place.

BUT we will use this as an opportunity to refresh the event and make a few changes & improvements

• The name may be different but we will be keeping the same logo

• The New Festival will be built on the heritage & spirit of the previous events at the showground & will be a new beginning for a new future.

• It will be produced and presented by the same crew with help from our supporters & traders

• There will be many changes & improvements which I am sure will be welcomed by many;

• We will be “going back to basics” in many areas.

• This includes FREE evening Entertainment & an enlarged display arena featuring lots more visual static and mobile displays (building on the success of last year’s Syncro Course).

• We will have full use of all the new buildings this year rather than the building site that we had to deal with last year. This means we will finally be able to remove almost all of the fencing we have had in place at many of the recent events.

• We will not be forgetting our roots & will be retaining a “Retro” theme . You will still be able to look back and see all of what we have achieved & produced at the showground in the past as we retain the material and content of our previous events.

• The booking system for camping will be exactly the same as last year. All camping will be by advance booking. However we are going to have to downsize the amount of camping area’s available to bring the event within our new budget constraints.

• Most/All other clubs wanting to come to the event have already booked and the website is already setup to cope with their bookings.

• VWT2oc members who still wish to come to the new event should contact their club events/camping manager to arrange for plot in a club camping area.

• The New BUSFEST WEBSITE should open for bookings in the first week in FEBRUARY

You can be sure that despite the name change it will be business as usual & we promise you that we will continue to put even more effort into the event to ensure that BUSFEST at Malvern retains its crown as the biggest & best VW Transporter Festival in the world.

Looking forward to seeing you with us at Malvern this year.

THE BUSFEST CREW

Pricing structure seems the same as last year -

£35 adult weekend camping, and £20 camping unit charge.

Weekend non camping tickets are £25

Day visitors £15

Under 16's free.

No entertainment charges.

Hi,

Hardly going back to basics at 90 quid for me and the GF to camp, that's nearly 100 quid i could spend on the bus, as much as i like the big shows, they are just too damn expensive, all this money plus petrol on top and everything else.

Back to basics for me is a tenner each in camping! If i want to see nice buses, i just look at the buses on here!
The smaller venues and events are much better IMHO

I can see why we haven't done any large events for a few years now. RTTS, Santa Pod, all the same expensive. Dubs at the park, and the smaller venue where it's only 15 quid is where my coin is gonna be going

Cheers,

Alistair

Well I've never been to this event, and i really do want to experience it, so it looks like Im going to have to re-mortgage to get some tickets. But i doubt i will return the following year at those astronomical prices!
VW festival is going the same way, costing £110 for a family of 4 for the weekend. Its all getting a bit silly!
It seems the organisers are now wanting to cash in on the retro VW popularity.
I too will be sticking to the smaller organised shows next year, but I've got to take my Olive the the main event just 1 time! And i will enjoy every minute!

the thing that sticks in my claw is that we are paying good money to look at each others vans :roll: if nobody rocked up then there would be no show :x to expensive I can do a lot with a hundred quid plus i live in cornwall gonna cost me £150+ to run my bus up there so I'd rather do things my way and chill out somewhere where I dont feel ripped off as that tends to put a downer on things £50 is my limit for a weekends camping :sign0001:

Waht's the crack on this then?

The ‘First Annual UK Bus Jam’ takes place over the weekend of 7th-9th September 2012, at the Mid-Suffolk Showground, a venue with excellent access from much of the UK via the A12 or A14.

Same weekend? Rival group setting up?
Despite the cost it's Malvern for me as it's very close!

onlybayinthevillage said:

Its gotta be Malvern for me also.....my Bus is garaged just around the corner :lol:
So where do we book our tickets is the BIG question!!??

Waht's the crack on this then?

The ‘First Annual UK Bus Jam’ takes place over the weekend of 7th-9th September 2012, at the Mid-Suffolk Showground, a venue with excellent access from much of the UK via the A12 or A14.

Same weekend? Rival group setting up?

This is it, it would cost me more to drive across the country to another show, that might be ok. It seems Bus Jam is aggressively marketing itself against Busfest, I think it will be a geographical split!

A geopraphical split. That sounds good, no softy southerners or inbred easterners!!
Still, we have got to get our tickets yet and no idea where from.

Regarding booking -

Early Bay will have a camping area on site, if anyone wishes to camp in here they can book tickets via me and I will coordinate the arrangements with Busfest. The order must be completed by the end of June, so plenty of time yet but also some time to save up! :)
Anyone can register they're interest on this thread and I'll set up the rest

Adults £35.00 each
Camping pitch £20.00
U16's free

PayPal to [email protected]

Clem said:
Regarding booking -

Early Bay will have a camping area on site, if anyone wishes to camp in here they can book tickets via me and I will coordinate the arrangements with Busfest. The order must be completed by the end of June, so plenty of time yet but also some time to save up! :)
Anyone can register they're interest on this thread and I'll set up the rest

Adults £35.00 each
Camping pitch £20.00
U16's free

PayPal to [email protected]

Nice to see they've thought about the cost again then (not), so its still £90 for 2 people to camp, if you have kids over 16 then its £35 each for them, I'm sorry but this is still ridiculous for camping in a field with poor facilities.

I guess the figures add up that way? I really dont know. I was disappointed to see the pricing structure remaining the same to be honest, theres already a £10 surcharge on weekend camping tickets as opposed to weekend visitor tickets.
I'll go, but it the relatively low fuel bill that makes it viable, if it were further afield Id be less inclined, and thats a real shame.

I visited vanfest for the first time last year and was disappointed tbh. It's talked up to be 'the show of the year' but it ain't all that. £35 per person is robbery for what you get so this callsign will be cruising elsewhere. Only my opinion of course and I'm sure most have an awesome time! :D

A geopraphical split. That sounds good, no softy southerners or inbred easterners!!
Still, we have got to get our tickets yet and no idea where from.

:lol:

Latest posts