Brazilian brake servo

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yetti59

Reaction score
Not to sure if anybody would be interested, but I have just fitted a Brazilian brake servo to my 71 bay without too many issues and I'll try and show you how I did it. I used the gold metal bellows hold down plate (with the holes in each corner thing) to make the template with (I used an old piece of 4-5mm steel).

Template

The White arrows are the original brake servo's bolt hole's which you bolt the template to the servo bracket (between the torsion tubes.

The Blue arrows are the new Brazilian brake servo bolt holes.

The Green arrow is where the 73mm hole saw's drill bit fits (to centre the hole saw and keep it true)

When drilling the new holes (Blue arrows),I had to add a small piece of the same sized steel to the ends of the original bracket (the template I made was bolted to the vehicle it over hang the original bracket 20-30mm either side). The pieces were added to the ends so I could drill through the ends of the original bracket and not slip off.

I hope this helps, and if this doesn't make any sense, I'll see if I've missed anything and get back to you (as I'm writing this at 23.40 and need some sleep).

Thanks, but the brake pipes are original and in good nick as well as the electrics which will be changed in the near future.

Latest posts