• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Brand new 1914cc engine

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neatbeard

Reaction score
I have a brand new 1914cc engine that I was going to put in the back of my squareback, time permitting, but I have just sold the squareback so the engine is surplus to me now.

Its based on a type 3 case (but will fit a bug or camper with a simple dipstick adaptor) with the following spec:

• 69mm DPR counterweighted crank (DPR Machine Shop Inc., Santa Ana, California)
• Fully balanced
• New bearings
• Scat C35 cam and lifters
• 94mm Mahle barrels and pistons
• Rebuilt genuine VW rods (Rimco, Santa Ana, California)
• Rebuilt stock VW heads with heavy duty, single valve springs and retainers (built by brothers vw machine shop, california)
• CB Deep sump
• 8 dowel flywheel
• 38mm Scat gland nut
• Drilled and tapped for full-flow filtration
• Heavy duty oil pump
• 40 DRLA Dellortos (need re-jetting to suit as currently jetted for 1776cc apparently)
• CB short (type 3 specific) type 3 manifolds with hex bar linkage and slim line filters so everything fits under the lid without cutting any bodywork, etc.

The engine will fit a type 3 or a bug/van with the dipstick adaptor fitted and the taller manifolds for the carbs. So any aircooled VW really.

I'm looking for £2k for this lot.

Cheers

Engine-Front.jpg

Engine-Top.jpg

Engine-Clutch.jpg

Engine-Front-Closer.jpg

Engine-Right-SIde-Carb.jpg

Latest posts