Both indicator dash lights stay on ,any ideas?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozworth

Reaction score
For some reason when the ignition is turned on both indicator dash lights stay on .If you use the indicator ,which ever side you indicate will flash on the dash while the other stays on .If the ignition is off and you turn the indicators on only that light will flash correctly as it should and the other stays off .
I'm no elec expert so not sure what I should be looking for .Any help would be great as it's the last bit of my electrics that needs sorting.

On mine, and I think most vans, when you indicate to turn, the indicators will flash on the font and back of the bus according to if you have indicated left or right, but the dash indicators will both flash as well at the same time regardless of indicating left or right or hazards for that matter. With the ignition off, my indicators won't do anything at all.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, hope that helps bud, :mrgreen:

My indicator dash lights come on and off with the ignition, and dont flash (previously they would occasionally flash with indication - both at same time).

I dont think i can help other than to say that not sure theres an easy answer to this one...

I had issues with mine last year - I removed the relay, stripped it down and found it was full of rust and corrosion
Used a load of electrical cleaner and reassembled - been good ever since.
Maybe look at that?

I bought a new relay for both my headlights and flashers as the flashers were very slow and got slower .now they work fine but I just have that dash issue . It might be that it was wired incorrectly from the reinstall after the dash was removed the first time it was painted as it was likecthiswhen I bought it .

Elliott99 said:
The answer is that the circuit has been modified by a PO to enable the left and right dash tell tales to operate individually. A side effect not mentioned in the post was the symptoms you describe. I can't find the post, but still have the picture of the two versions, which should help you revert to stock if you want.
[URL=http://s1207.photobucket.com/u...tt99/Indicators/Turn-signal-circuit.jpg[/img][/url]

Hi thanks for the reply ,unfortunatly this is like gobelygook to me but I will show it to a friend who might make sense .
One thing I will point out which might mean this is not the correct diagram is that I do not have hazard warning flashers and I only have two relays one is for the headlamps and one is for the flashers .The flasher has 3 pins the headlamp one has five I think.
My panel van is a Dec 68 build from Italy

Can't help you with your problem Foz, but I'm interested in these diagrams above. Trying to work out why there are these problems when wired like that
If the warning lamps are wired into the relay output which flashes the lamps on the outer of the vehicle then why would they stay on permanently? The lights on the outside don't stay on permanently so neither should the ones inside..

Sent from my Siswoo C55 using Tapatalk

Latest posts