BIG SUNDAY 2013

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BO JANGLES

Reaction score

BIG SUNDAY is coming back, I decided to hold it over the August Bank Holiday weekend this year , so those who took part in Buzz's cool OCD event could come back & enjoy the North Devon area for a second time this summer. As many of you know BIG SUNDAY came about , through my dream of having a cool VW gathering over looking one of the UK's most beautiful beaches, a chilled out day with the family, surrounded by like minded friends, enjoying our hobby. Whilst doing this, the idea was to raise some money for worth while causes & non more so than our first recipient.
The first BIG SUNDAY raised £1000 for a Cancer Charity that helped one of my best mates wives, through her illness.

Our second year was equally deserving, little George Palmer, who we helped raise money for a life changing operation, in the States, George has progressed brilliantly & now goes to main stream school & can now walk with the aid of a frame. When George was born the doctors said he will never walk, so thank you to everyone who came last year & helped us.

It's through my passion for Volkswagens that I've met many really good friends, almost like an extended family, my girls will often talk about "That man with the cool dreadlocks" or "That really nice man with fingers like sausages", though we only see lots of friends at shows, we just pick up where we left off.
It was whilst, my girl Charlie & I were sitting having breakfast at Vicky Farm this year attending The Split Screen Van Clubs AGM ,that Lynn Poyser came over & said hello, I met Lynn & her husband Laurie, when I bought my Karmann Ghia Vert from them a few years ago . After exchanging pleasantries then Lynn hit me with there awful news, just a week earlier Laurie had been diagnosed with a particularly aggressive strain of Cancer (Lymphoma), without treatment Laurie would have a year, or if he puts up a fight , he'll hopefully have 5 or 6 years. To say I was knocked for six would be an understatement , but a short while later when speaking to Laurie himself, I was amazed at his philosophy, he said "I have 5 or 6 years to share with Lynn, my family & my friends, I'll retire & do the things , we've always planned on doing, as soon as I feel fit enough". What a very brave gent !

I then asked Laurie if I could raise money at this years BIG SUNDAY, for a charity that would help him throughout his treatment, he chose The Lymphoma Research charity. We would really like to break our previous records as to the money we raise this year, so please come along & join in this great event. However if you can't make it but would collectively like to help we have set up a "Just Giving " page where you can make a donation to this very worthwhile cause at http://www.justgiving.com/Big-Sunday" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkKTtAdIWRM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If I haven't caught you on facebook, have a look !
Ain't sure about my extended family though, looks more like the bloody Dingles !! :lol: :lol:

I've been without internet for the last 9 days ............. just what you need when trying to promote our event, but were all sorted now so wait to get bombarded with updates now ! The bookings are coming in really well so don't leave it to late to get your tickets, either for camping , if only for the Saturday night, just contact Hidden Valley Park on 01271 813837, or if coming for the day simply paypal £10 show entry to [email protected] & mark as a gift, then email me a phot0 of your VW with its reg plate & how many adults will be arriving in it !
Now check out Richard Trickers awesome 1952 border patrol car, who we are delighted to have leading the Sunday morning cruise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B7556SCBSg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8) We've got The Manor from Croyde, with their outside event bar, for you to enjoy a crisp chilled pint whilst enjoying some quality catering from H&A catering with their stone pizza oven & lots more !

:!: I reckon it's only fare that the fellas can enjoy the drive to the show & the ladies can enjoy driving our lovely VW's home, so we share the pleasure ! .................... You know what that means boys, you can have a pint :wink: but don't tell her ! :lol:

8) Not Long now, but still time to book, just think were else would you rather be, VW's Hot Rods, Scooters, Surf, Beach, Chilled Beer, Kids laughing & playing, Croyde ........................Big Sunday, See ya there !!

Do you still have the meets at the aggi.. i only just seen an old post by you, and I passed that place everyday last week, just so that i know for next time

Hi mate, we do sometimes, but also at Woolacombe , Westward Ho etc, one next Wednesday at Westward Ho & the of course the Big one on the Sunday !! ;) Are you still down here ?

BO JANGLES said:
Hi mate, we do sometimes, but also at Woolacombe , Westward Ho etc, one next Wednesday at Westward Ho & the of course the Big one on the Sunday !! ;) Are you still down here ?

No, I left on saturday :( , but next time i'll check before we travel down.. I was at hidden valley, spoke to Richard there and he told me about big sunday,
i need better planning next time i think.

:bounce: Just 6 days to go & the sun is shining, most campsites are fully booked & even Hidden Valley on line says they're full, but they still have space for us, you just need to phone them on 01271 813837 & say your booking for Big Sunday & you'll get in ! :D
You've still got time to book day tickets, by simply send by paypal £10 for the vehicle & upto 5 people inside to [email protected] & mark it as a gift please, then send me an email with your reg number , a picture of your vehicle & I'll email your pass.
See ya there !! 8)

Only 4 days to go & a little sneaky peak at some of the varied motors booked in & a couple from the campsite last year

This is where we stay at Hidden Valley Park

Andy's excited about coming...............or it might be the award in his hand, but his awesome bus will be there

Jamies bug will be out, before some major plans take place over the winter !

Jez's awesome Split

Yea baby, its Buggy galore !

Gary & Paul from The Camper Coffee Co will be there in their beautiful Ozzie container Split & these boys really put on a show

Modded T4 & T5's

Loads of Bugs

& a few not so often seen

a cool Syncro or two

& we're honoured to have the cruise led by Richard & Susan Tricker in their 1952 original border patrol Karmann Beetle

Tickets are still available for both camping by phoning Hidden Valley on 01271 813837 on day tickets by sending by paypal & marking as a gift £10 which includes upto 5 people & the VW to [email protected] , tickets will also be available on the gate, hope to see you there !!

Just to say, we were on our way to Woolacombe when we saw this years poster of the show. Never new anything about it but turned up. All I can say is AWESOME. Sunday was just brilliant and there was a massive turnout. Congratulations to all those who made the 2013 show a huge success. Will certainly be going next year.

Latest posts