Awning attachment

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mags

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just been camping for nearly 2 weeks with a new Kyham awning and the first time I've properly used the figure 8 attach method. Although its been very easy to attach/remove it doesn't seem to be very kind to the paintwork and I've managed to chip the edge of the gutter at the front of my EB.
My old awning used a metal pole through the canvas and 3 metal clamps which I don't think I ever managed to damage my paint with. Am I doing something wrong? maybe making the awning too tight and hence a bit of effort to attach? Can you buy softer material for the figure 8, mine is hard plastic, it came with the awning.

Mags

Yeah, my Kyham came with the figure of 8 but I ditched this straight away and replaced with a pole and clamps. Check your awning as if it's similar to mine it should still have a sleeve stitched in to allow the use of the clamps.

Just a thought, I also have a khyam and got miffed with the thing going adrift in wind and a drip twixt the joins in the figure 8's so I bought a 2 mtr one from lightening leisure, works a treat, stays in place and no drips...

Thanks guys, glad it's not just me. I also got the drip between the different pieces. I might try the longer single piece one first as its so much quicker to use.
If not I'll go back to the pole and clamps.

Latest posts