Are we on a new server?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trikky2

Reaction score
Are we on a new server?

I noticed that this morning the site seems to be faster and smoother than ever before. :)

I don`t know if we got a new one but it does seem a bit quicker,, wonder if it`s because there`s not too many on at the moment ??

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, and I should get back out to the garage as well !! :lol: ;) :lol:

Araon said:
Johnnies playing with the new site at the mo.... so it will be available soon

Can't wait - keep up the good work Johnny 8)

Trikky2 said:
Are we on a new server?

not yet.

you will know as i will post and there will be some down time. Im trying to restrict it to the weekend. It will mean re registering with the new forum software, no posts will be lost. It will look and feel slightly different. Im in the process of trial porting the whole forum over to it. Its tricky as the database is nearly 300MB, thats fairly large.

The reason we are running fast is ive had to ask the host to delete out non essential files as we ran out of space and they cant extend it, they, in their wisdom deleted out the mailhost :roll: hence no emails. If we install it back there will be no forum.

ill try to keep you updated but no news yet. hopefully ill have something to show to the mods first for testing then unleash it on you.

Johnny,

What's the new forum software? Might be possible to write an import script for the users if there isn't one already....

oh right just threw me a bit with the re-registerting bit.

My previous offer of help still stands should you come across any problems :)

Latest posts