Anyone importing vehicle from USA? Help needed.....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluesnailman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, would you believe I found the original owner of my '68 Westy, she still has the original tent that came with it and she's offered me the tent for the price of shipping.

tent as shown in her back garden a couple of weeks ago....

camper 1968.....

and separated since 1974. Seriously - separated for 41 years.

The small problem is the cost of shipping from Berkley CA to York, England (For a 50pound (edit -weight!) tent and poles its seriously expensive). I'm wondering if there is any advice out there, or anyone shipping a vehicle to the UK that could be used as a giant suitcase?

Any thoughts?

Make an old van very happy, please...

That's a LOT more than a 50 tent!! they go for hundreds not tens (around the 250 to 300 quid mark I have seen them go for in good nick, and that one looks great).

Sorry can't help on shipping but it may be worth a post on here asking if any of our stateside members can help get it over here in a van or container perhaps?

Fortunate Son said:
That's a LOT more than a 50 tent!! they go for hundreds not tens (around the 250 to 300 quid mark I have seen them go for in good nick, and that one looks great).

Sorry can't help on shipping but it may be worth a post on here asking if any of our stateside members can help get it over here in a van or container perhaps?

cheers, and thanks for the encouragement (50 pounds in weight I should have said!)

Find someone shipping a bus out of Cali and put it in one already coming over,

Good idea graham, I guess I was angling for this - changed post title!

Re photo on train, yes you can still do this trip, we drove past here a couple of years coming from Italy to southern Switzerland. Can see tent on roof too!!

Paul from T2D is in LA buying cars right now, might be worth contacting him on social media?

I'm fetching one in from Oregan soon!!!
I'm buying it from Radconsmoot on here, I don't mind if you put it in my bus if Conrad doesn't mind you mailing it to him!!!!!??

Latest posts