• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

72 Deluxe LHD Camper for sale 2056cc Type 4 Engine - SOLD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr G

Reaction score
Driversside_zpsaed3e77e.jpg

1972 Bay Window Camper
LHD Low Light Deluxe Crossover Model
US dry state vehicle imported from Texas to the UK in 2012.

Van is in superb structural condition (the most important thing!) having benefited from spending the majority of its time in the US. The only areas of the van that needed remedial metal work were two small floor repairs in the front cab floor pan. These have been replaced and the van is now solid. The paintwork has been left ‘as is’ to show the patina and present the van in a truly honest state. If wished, the van could be easily prepared and painted at very little expense.

Fitted with a Paul Weeding rebuilt 2056cc Type 4 engine. This has been built with no expense spared. The van now pulls strongly (even when loaded with camping gear) with plenty of torque and cruises easily. The spec includes brand new genuine weber 40 IDF carbs - jetted and balanced correctly for the engine. A Webcam 494 camshaft and electronic ignition. The heads are brand new re-worked versions from Stateside tuning offering improved reliability over standard versions. All tin ware has been blasted and powder coated. The engine also includes a new starter motor, battery, exhaust and electronic fuel pump. Van is protected by an automatic Firetec fire extinguisher.

2056Type4engine_zps56a4b5f3.jpg

NewWeber40IDFCarbs_zps828d3bf7.jpg

Camping interior consists of: Waeco hob and sink with electric tap fitted into a tombola door unit. A rock n roll bed is also fitted and ‘hides’ the Propex gas blown heater (with separate bottle), 1000W JBL sub-woofer and electronics control unit. There is a foldaway table to match the tombola unit. The camper has dual charge and a high capacity leisure battery to ensure the engine starts however much the leisure battery is drained. Interior has a Waeco 21litre cool box which operates from the LB. New custom cushions have been made and fitted to the rear of the van to make a comfortable full width bed. Rear windows are protected by rear and side jail bars.

Kitchenunit_zpsefd369c5.jpg

Rocknrolllined_zps5e26387c.jpg

Bedcushionsgoingin_zpsd87cc125.jpg

Interiorlighting_zpsb2adff43.jpg

Bus is lowered all around using dropped spindles, gas shocks and boomerang plates. Four new polished Foosh alloy wheels with new tyres and locking wheel nuts are fitted.

Driversside_zpsaed3e77e.jpg

Front_zpsa280a3d5.jpg

Reardriversside_zps8ef92855.jpg

Rearpassengerside_zps5a8b0148.jpg

Bus has servo and disc brakes fitted as standard and these stop the bus like a modern car. Prior to registration in the UK the brakes and steering were all overhauled and renewed without expense to ensure that the van would provide trouble free use for several years.

It is currently insured on an agreed value basis for £15k but a lot of improvements have been made since this.

Van has a long MOT and will fly through its next one and is Tax exempt due to its age.

I am looking for £14,500ono and not really interested in P/X. I am not desperate to sell so please don’t try me with any low ball offers. If you view the van you will see the time, effort and money that has gone into it and easily warrants the asking price. I have a folder full of receipts and only a fraction is mentioned above. Any questions, please let me know.

Sun popped out so I got the bus out of the garage for some current pics!

IMG_1462_zpsbd3b6c72.jpg

Bed - nice n comfy and ready to go:

IMG_1459_zps157cb3f4.jpg

Matching table

IMG_1448_zps3bb1ad1b.jpg

IMG_1449_zps2dd4353a.jpg

Front on

IMG_1455_zps0ed9aa81.jpg

IMG_1457_zpsa0863873.jpg

Cab nice n clean
IMG_1453_zpsd3712c93.jpg

IMG_1450_zps4b0af15b.jpg

Hello mate. Thanks.

Yes the carbs came from aircooled.net in the US. They do a bundle kit with linkage, filters and manifolds. Even tap the manifolds for the servo fitting as well.

Got some pictures out in the sun this weekend

Aerial-rear_zps98dcf5f7.jpg

Arrow straight down the sides

driverssidefromrear_zps578bf91b.jpg

Aerial_zpsefe49219.jpg

Picnic in the New Forest. Matching kettle included ;-)

cookerunit_zps81e845e4.jpg

Correct brouchure for the model:

broucher_zps0d207a1e.jpg

Folder full of receipts!

paperwork_zpsda53064e.jpg

Sale includes 3 bow roof rack and a set of JK silver screens to cover all the windows.

Now up on Ebay http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=331227104712" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Would consider PX with T5 cash either way :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts