69 Bay - Adjustable Beam - AND - Dropped Spindles???????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baycan

Reaction score
I want to go lower.

Thinking of an adjustable beam but would it be worth fitting Transporterhaus dropped spindles as well?

If I also went for a slightly narrowed beam, are there any draw backs, such as rubbing bodywork etc with the tyres or turning circle issues?

As for lowering the rear, is it best to just do a few splines or go for adjustable spring plates?

Thanks if you are kind enough to reply.

Jon

Go for the works mate ,

I have a 2'' Narrowed beam , Dropped spindles , Beam has adjusterd in it , so fully adjustable , 15'' Wheels with 165/50 tyres

At the back i have adjustable springplates that are down 2 Splines - I think

No notching on chassis (yet) :msn4:

Here it is , its a July 69 , so chassis MIGHT be different to yours even though they are both 69ers

100_3107-1.jpg

I don't think you will interfere with the turning circle unless you get a seriously narrow beam.
I've got a 5" to fit and suspect it will reduce the turning circle.

As Grazy says just do the full works.

What beam are you fitting?

I only ask because I fitted a weedeater, and had issues when fitting dropped spindles, even on the highest setting on the beam adjuster, the balljoints were at the limit of their travel so I was advised to remove the spindles :(

I ended up flipping the spindles back the other way so I am currently running very expensive trailing arms!

Don't mean to be a doom merchant, I'm no expert and loads do other people seem to do this with no problems, I was told the issue with the weedeater is that it lowers the van even on the normal setting so was too low to work with the dropped spindles... Still not sure I'm convinced though but it definitely was very low even on the highest setting... Shame it drove like a dog though :)

Latest posts