• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1972 earlybay westy (price reduced) £12k

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

irvs

Reaction score
Up for sale is my 1972 vw Westfalia pop top camper van, the van is very original with all parts of the interior including child's hammock/ cot & a fully working sink unit, it even has the original plug in the sink, it still has the original flooring in the back which is in good condition for a 40 year old bus,The canvas on the roof is still original although is a little faded but still very usable.
Bodywork wise the van has had a full repaint including door shuts,cab floor, wheels, bumpers & pop top to a very high standard, as on it's first outing to camper jam last weekend it won best in class, I have photos of the bus before it was painted to show just how good it is, the only reason for painting it was that there was numerous chips and it was quite faded and there was a key mark on one side, there is no filler in the bus and it has never been welded nor does it need any, the van is rock solid and really straight with excellent door gaps, the doors open and close just as they would have 40 years ago.

One key fits all locks including the ignition, it also has excellent heaters!

Mechanically the bus has had a 1.7 type 4 engine fitted from factory for the US market which is a real nice thing to have as its 65bhp which is a lot more power than the 1600 most buses have, itpulls like a train through all the gears and will cruise at 70mph all day long, steering wise the bus doesn't wander at all having new track rod ends fitted in the last 12 months, the bus has been lowered ever so slightly which doesn't effect the drive just makes it look a bit better, if anything it makes it a bit more stable on the road., may part ex with cash my way

All in all this is a cracking bus which is ready to go camping in, any viewings re more than welcome to come and have a drive or a prod and a poke!

We are located in Cumbria in the lake district near ulverston
£12.000.00 ono
c780a856.jpg

0045ee06.jpg

7e7c8540.jpg

73df7eb2.jpg

5197a088.jpg

1733b536.jpg

Hi ya.

Very nice looking bus. I'm very interested in it, but as I'm in Kent, can you post some pictures of the various areas that we'd poke around initially? Cab steps, under the arches, battery tray, underneath, rain gutters etc.

Is there anywhere where it needs attention? Any bits starting to rust?

Also, can you give us a bit more history. When imported and from where etc. How long have you had it? Who'd you get it from? That kinda stuff.
Does it have the single seat behind the drivers seat in the back. Could you tell me if it has rear seat belts?
After all that we'll be able to weigh up the 6 hour journey to come and see it in the flesh. (Probably with a big bundle of cash)
Can send pics direct to [email protected] if you prefer.
Cheers.

MarcusPB

Hi there,

Please can you tell me if your van is still for sale?

If it is, we'd be very interested in viewing it. We're located over in the Dales so not too far away.

I know it's very short notice but we are actually over your way this afternoon!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts